Clear History?

Hi TFC is a good program. You don't have to use the registry cleaner in CCleaner; it has never caused me any grief however. It creates a back up before deleting. Personally I think the danger and the hipe is way over blown. It is very mild. I really don't believe in registry cleaners and they do more harm than any good, but don't stop using CCleaner because it has a option to clean the registry. CCleaner has a lot of good tools that can help if you use them properly. All these kind a programs can be misused it you don't understand how your PC works!!
Gary!
Those are my thoughts!

Thanks donetao: i also have this info from MS;besides i never use any software besides that provided by the OPS

Microsoft's official position on the use of Registry Cleaners
Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners
Microsoft is not responsible for issues caused by using a registry cleaning utility.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the use of a registry cleaning utility can be solved

Hi frank! CCleaner is about the only cleaning tool I use. I feel like I'm very capable to clean the registry manually with regedit and F3. I have been cleaning my registry for years and I have no fears. The only time I feel the need to clean the registry is after uninstalling programs. I have all the programs I need and so there isn't a need to clean the registry these days. I always have a back up image that I can use to restore my PC back when I screw up. The registry does not scare me, however I respect it and I know what I'm doing when I go there!! W7 has all the tools you need to keep your PC running at it's best. I have started several threads here that explain the tools in W7 and how to keep your PC running at it's best!
Gary!

I've been using the registry cleaner in ccleaner for years and never had a problem. I've never been completely sure it's doing any good, but I'm confident it's never done harm for me either.

I've been using the registry cleaner in ccleaner for years and never had a problem. I've never been completely sure it's doing any good, but I'm confident it's never done harm for me either.
Hi I'm with crazyman. I'm not sure it's doing any good, but it's never caused me any harm. It is a very mild cleaner. Most of, if not all the things it removes will be back in a week!:rofl:
Gary!

I completely trashed two systems using ccleaner a few years ago so please don't talk to me about "mild cleaners".
Reg cleaners make me lots of money so use them all you like but no tech worth knowing would ever advise you to use one...
Here is some historic and important findings on reg cleaners:
[FONT=&quot]miekiemoes' Blog: Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Why I don't use registry cleaners | Ed Bott[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563254[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

You know the other reason I would never recommend ccleaner? I hate to encourage people to go to a site that is a virtual sewer of Malware and Malware enablers but Piriform is among the most polluted of third party software sites on the internet.

I get ccleaner off filehippo and haven't had one hit on any security scan of the installer or the installed program. When I do go to the ccleaner site to check for upgrades I haven't ran in to any thing.
You do have to select to do a custom install with any software. It allows you to disable add on goodies in the installer. If you do an express install you're begging for trouble.

I've been using ccleaner for years now and have not run in to any harm done by the software. When you say trashed you mean the software forked up some thing so bad you had to reinstall windows? I would find that really hard to believe with out documented proof. It's a simple program that has a simple setup. You run it and it does a good job.

Hi IMHO! Every software program has been accused of bricking a PC.
If you have a back up image, a bricked PC is just a minor distraction and can be remedied in about 30 minutes or less!!
Love my Macrium Reflect!
Gary!!

Editing the reg manually or tinkering with the services can have much undesired results if you have no idea what you're doing. I can edit my services and have done so to keep programs from starting up at boot up. I set them to either stay dormant in manual mode or have a delayed start up. That means they lay dormant until the OS gives the ok for a successful start. Then the service starts up.

It's taken years to learn the ins and outs of the reg and the services. I would not recommend editing either unless you have a back up of your entire OS drive to fall back on. One wrong edit and you could find yourself locked out and have to do a restore from a disc or a clean install.

One wrong edit and you could find yourself locked out and have to do a restore from a disc or a clean install.
Hi friend not if you have Macrium reflect in your arsenal. Nothing scares me. I have used Macrium to recover from so many screw ups you wouldn't believe.
I can replace my working drive and be back up and running on that brand new drive just like the day I created the image. Back to factory sucks
I preach and preach, but no one listens !! OH Well I'll keep preaching and hoping someone listens to me. LOL
Gary!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom