120gb SSD big enough?

I used a 128 gb Ssd drive for my main desktop for a few years and now you can buy a 256 and even some 500 Gb drives for under $150 so I upped it to a 256 a while ago, but I really didn't have to, I just felt better about it.

Right now the market is getting more and more of the higher capacity SSD drives. But like w10 users, I don't want to find out the hard way that they are made of cheap parts and the controller firmware may be leaving much to be desired.

When you are like me, a hardware geek, you dig a little deeper before you plunk your money down. Digging a little deeper in to what's under the hood will let you make a better buy. What chips do they use? What controller chip? What firmware are they running? These are questions I like to get answered then make a buy based on what I find out.

My SSD wet dream would be to have two PCI-E SSDs, about 256GB and 1TB+.

Right now the price would mean you'd have to take out a second mortgage on your house. I'll wait...

I think a 120GB drive would fill up fairly quickly, I'd personally want the 250GB at least. At the end of the day most of the items on my PC I actually access, so I'd sooner not suffer the reduced performance of things being on a larger but slower storage drive.

Thanks all for the replies, I do have a fair few games installed, other than that, I wouldn't be putting much else on the ssd, I think to be on the safe side in going to go with 256gb

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom