Using Macrium Reflect

Hi bluenose! Here's my disk management. I'm a simple man with a simple plan.
I have one internal drive and one external drive!!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 4
I got the free version and gave it a go. It's relatively straight forward and fairly simple. My problem was my external drive wasn't large enough to hold a cloned drive. Oh well...
"Hello Newegg, I need a WD My Passport 2TB USB 3.0 external drive. Yeah that's right. Yes I need it here tomorrow."

I got the free version and gave it a go. It's relatively straight forward and fairly simple. My problem was my external drive wasn't large enough to hold a cloned drive. Oh well...
"Hello Newegg, I need a WD My Passport 2TB USB 3.0 external drive. Yeah that's right. Yes I need it here tomorrow."
Hello friend! I'm not sure what you're saying. I don't think you can clone your drive to a external USB. You can definitely clone your drive with Macrium, ! To me a clone is a big waste and here is the reason!!
When to image a hard drive, and when to clone it | PCWorld

Imaging makes more sense for backup, because you can put multiple image backups onto one sufficiently large external hard drive. You can only put one clone on a drive.

Last edited:
It will do it. The 3 logical drives on the one physical drive in my laptop is 640 gigabytes. There's only 500 gigabytes on the external drives.
Size mismatch.

Ghost was a Linux program that would run off a optical disc. It was included when you imaged the drive. A company that used to do tech support for Day's Inn would send us a CD and we would call them to let them know we had the disc. Then they would have us put the disc in the drive and the system would boot to the CD drive. It would then overwrite the OS and the main software. This kept all the franchise's on the same page and made it easy to get updates out to the hotels.

I understand Ghost is out of production now a days. I wish it was still here. It made life so simple.

Yes sir I believe you have to have a drive the same size or larger to clone.
Why do you need a clone?? You can put a bunch of images on the drive and also use it for other storage. A clone is a wasted driver IMHO but, I'm not going to try to convince you, but those are my thoughts!!
Gary

Back
Top Bottom