What do you run or disable in windows 10?

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Ok do I keep reading that some have disabled features and functions in w10 to protect themselves or simply lean down windows 10.

If you disabled a feature or function, what was it, where is it, and what did you do to disable it. Also why did you disable that function?

If you made adjustments to a feature, what was it, where is it, and what adjustments did you make. Also why did you make any adjustments to a given feature?

Hi seti! Sorry, does this count?? I deleted all the functions and used a Macrium image to roll back to W7 and I'm a happy camper.
Sorry seti! The Devil made me post this!! LOL
I'll behave now. Just having a little fun with you!!
Gary!!
PS I just had to be the first to reply LOL

It's all good. I didn't bug out over anything here, just got busy. And on top of that the internet crapped out here again. They're supposed to have it fixed Monday. They say a lightening strike took out a box. I told them it was out before the storm hit.
Any way I'm on my tablet hot spot for now. Guess it was a good thing I kept it after all.

Ok when you install Windows 10 its like you've installed it fresh out of the box and it will ask you if you want to send info such as location, diagnostics. I'll run an install in a VM and post more screenshots later but just some quick ones.

1J72aGC.png

I removed that enormous "search" box by hiding it so I could bring back the "Quick Launch" and I allowed Windows to reconfigure Stardock8 Start Menu as it is far easier to use than that unwieldy mess Microsoft installed into it. But then I had so many issues I went back to Windows 7 and 8.1 (never believed I would be happy seeing Windows 8.1 either)!

Um, I thought every one with good knowledge of computers disables things in all Windows releases!

Well I do miss disabling auto update :(

Back
Top Bottom