Laptop

Sounds like you're all happy with your Toshibas. I've personally steered clear of Toshiba since working a couple years at a repair shop. Saw more Toshibas with bad motherboards than any other brand.

Sounds like you're all happy with your Toshibas. I've personally steered clear of Toshiba since working a couple years at a repair shop. Saw more Toshibas with bad motherboards than any other brand.
Wow Thanks a lot crazyman. That's just what I needed to know; NOT:D
Oh well I wanted a new PC any way. Thinking Dell. Is their lappy any good??

The fact that Crazyman saw lots of failed mobos on Toshibas does not guarantee that your Toshiba's mobo will fail. No reason to start shopping for a new laptop yet!

Last edited:
Wow Thanks a lot crazyman. That's just what I needed to know; NOT:D
Oh well I wanted a new PC any way. Thinking Dell. Is their lappy any good??

I've never been a big fan of Dell as their support isn't much better than Toshiba's but I think their laptops are more suited to business than a home user.

Yeah same here, I've never really been a big fan of Toshiba. I got a Toshiba for nothing once and the motherboard was dead. Also their support is just horrible, Finding drivers and info a specific model is a nightmare..

Yeah same here, I've never really been a big fan of Toshiba. I got a Toshiba for nothing once and the motherboard was dead. Also their support is just horrible, Finding drivers and info a specific model is a nightmare..
Yup that's true. I'm not welcome on their site because I complained about that,so definitely no more Toshiba's for me. LOL

I move around so much that having a laptop that runs the same software my desktop rig runs is a must. My desktop weighs in at 40 pounds where as my laptop is 8 pounds.
My HP G7 is a lot of bang for the buck. Comes out of the box in several versions. I have the i3, 6gigs of ram, and a 640gig hard drive. HDMI graphics too boot. Under 600 bucks.

sounds better than my stuff - got a Latityde 6410 and an elitebook 8410 for work, both SSDs both i5s, they get bloody hot tho...

sounds better than my stuff - got a Latityde 6410 and an elitebook 8410 for work, both SSDs both i5s, they get bloody hot tho...

That's one of the reason's I won't take my HP laptop to school as it gets hot and loud. I am looking at getting an laptop just for school and stuff. I am keeping an eye on some ole Dell Latitudes Core 2 Duo based.

Industry standards show the average life or "break-even" points for a desktop is 5 years and laptop 3 years due to the cramped quarters and heat and dirt issues in laptops.
But I agree if it is running well what is the need to move on at this time?

Agreed, especially the cheap plastic Toshiba Satellite models...

Saying that, I think the bottom end of Sony was just as bad, the frame was too flexible (and guess what the motherboard was attached to...). Every time the screen was opened or closed, the base flexed and eventually pulled the heatsink away from the chip.

Back
Top Bottom