RDP won't fill whole monitor

gib88

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have a laptop (running Windows 8) with a 1366 x 768 monitor. It's connected to a second monitor that's 1600 x 900. When I run Remote Desktop Connection and transfer the viewport to the larger monitor, it doesn't seem to fill the entire screen. It's dimensions remain 1366 x 768. How can I get the RDP viewport to take up the whole screen?

Things I've tried:

* Sarting RDP in the larger monitor.
* Making the larger monitor my primary monitor.
* Right-clicking the RDP viewport title bar and selecting "fill screen" (this does cause it to take up the full screen but with huge black margins such that the actual content of the viewport is still 1366 x 768).

There's got to be a way to tell it to take up the full screen realestate. Please help.

Last edited:
Close the lid on the laptop. I do that when I start windows on the laptop screen then close the lid to make the image on the TV take the entire screen.

Open the RDP program, then click the display tab and do the settings look like this? I think these are the default settings but I could be wrong.

h9g498k.png

The RDC all of a sudden is taking up the whole screen... like magic.

If it happens again, I'll try the closing/opening laptop trick.

BK, yes those are what my settings look like, but like I said, it's working now so who knows what they were like before.

Back
Top Bottom