Hard Drive query

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I have a hard drive that I took out of a previous pc and it is mounted in a 'carrier' and plugs into my pc with a USB connector. I have used the drive as a backup in the past.

I have plugged it in today and it all lights up OK but when I go into 'This PC' it only seems to appear briefly. I have had a look via Macrium and it doesn't appear there either. When it was briefly visible I tried to look at the properties and I got a message that said Windows could not access the drive.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi! you have two different threads open. I'm bowing out as I may be confusing you. You are confusing me! I'm not sure which problem you need help with!!
BK will help you!
Gary!!

Hi! you have two different threads open. I'm bowing out as I may be confusing you. You are confusing me! I'm not sure which problem you need help with!!
BK will help you!
Gary!!

I need help with both really, The drive that I cloned in Macrium looks as though it has been partitioned into three and I was convinced that I had amended it into just one partition.

And the thread re the hard drive is that I can't see it on the desktop, it seems to appear momentarily and thwen disappears again.

EDIT : OK folks, I have sorted this one. I simply took it apart and put it back together and it is all working again now. I think that it may have just been a loose connection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom