We are in a rut

My X2-3800+ motherboard is an MSI. Over 6 years old in use and still going.

I still have it. If it's still working why toss it? :)

Probably won't be getting rid of it exactly, will probably end up somewhere else in the house as a htpc or a file server, it just doesn't seem to get on too well with the R9 270X - some black screens here and there and I'm starting to think it might be down to the board, since the card is fine 100% of the time in other PCs in the house that are newer

Some old tech has to stay old tech. The X2 aren't going to do me any good but I'd rather give it away than toss it.

Any takers? :D

Naa, you keep that old thing, Celery :)

Cool thread. I'll post some pictures next time a rip apart a laptop or something else.
I just swapped displays on 2 laptops last Friday. i have a spare part laptop with a broken screen. But the other one with a working screen has a broken frame. So i swapped it.
I also swapped the keyboard, because it was missing some keys.

Didn't take any pictures of of though.

Last edited:
Since it's not theirs why should they care right?
I've never understood that mentality. People supposedly treat rental cars very badly due to that mentality. I treat a rental car as well or better than I treat my own property. Same with computers and other tools I get from my employer.

My computers are like my flying models. You can look all you want but don't touch and don't ask to use them. The answer is no and will always be no.

This is why I push modular power supplies.

attachment.php

In this case you can wrap up the extra wires and push them in to the top 5.25 bay. Any other excess length can be folded up and cable strapped. Other wise they are in the way of air flow. I'd put the bigger fan in the back also and leave the intake passive to create a negative pressure in the case. That will guarantee air gets sucked in to the case.

I love modular power supplies for just that reason. I like a neat and tidy case. Even if it doesn't have a window to show off my handy work.

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom