Asus Eee Pc 1005pe & Windows 10 Display ???

apetay

Solid State Member
Elements of 7 & 8 / 8.1 are helping to make an Asus Eee Pc 1005pe with Windows 10 usable (upgrade from 7 starter), but if I hadn't had experience putting 10's insider tech preview on some "older" machines previously, I would be having a pretty hard time. Compatibility mode and regedit are my new friends casual acquaintances.

Now I have hit a bump, and I would like to hear from this forum. I don't want to be stuck with 1024 x 600, because some apps won't work and the person I'm giving this thing to may need them.

Changing Display1_DownScalingSupported from 0 to 1 works to give you full use of the display, 1024 x 768, in Windows 8. However, the same operation applied in 10 does not work on reboot. Just black screen after logo.

I only find one entry when searching the registery, other Eee Pc users may find more entries depending on model.

Asus Eee Pc 1005pe
1.66 GHz Atom
2GB
250GB
Intel GMA 3150

I really don't want to sign up for the Asus forum, but that's where I go next if there's no answers here...

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Windows 7 and 1024x768 What's up????

Edit: Nevermind, rollback to 7 driver + regedit worked, now just hoping windows 10 doesn't auto update over my changes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom