Help with laptop motherboard upgrade!

Daphne234

Beta member
I have asusx550c with Intel pentium, 4gb memory ddr3. That proccesor is too slow for the type of program that I run, but since the cpu is welded to the mothernpboard, it can't be replaced . So I have to change the entire motherboard with a better proccesor. I have an exactly motherboard with i7 proccesor (a faster one) sitting in a box. This motherboard is from the same series of my x550, in fact it is a x550l, so it have the same design and it will fit in the 550c.
Is this posible to do? Any suggestion? :p

Ps: I don't want to buy another laptop or a desktop

That's hard to say. Because they are from the same series doesn't mean they are a match up. You will have to compare the two motherboards and look for differences.

If they are as you say exactly the same, and if they have the same exact inputs for all of the peripherals (keyboard, trackpad, LCD, etc) there is a good chance it will work. Try it. be very careful with all parts in case it doesn't and you have to return the other board.

Should be possible, but like the others said, make sure it all looks the same and everything lines up. Theoretically as long as the heat dissipation etc is fine then you shouldn't have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom