Display problems

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi all, I've recently changed from a Radeon HD6450 to a GTX 960 strix, I have my computer connected via dvi to my monitor and by HDMI to a 40" lcd tv, before I had no problems after a little help from the people in this forum, I adjusted the overscan slightly so it fit the tv screen properly, since changing to the nvidia card, the opposite seems to have happened, it's slightly too big for the card, I have the resolution set to 1920 x 1080, in the Nvidia control panel I can't seem to find a way of adjusting the overscan/underscan, only an option to choose between underscan or overscan which doesn't seem to make a difference. Has anyone else used the Nvidia control panel a little more than me and have any idea how to resolve this? thanks

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Sorry, that should say slightly to big for the screen

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Computer Forums mobile app

The underscan and overscan option should be on the television menu. If you go through the display settings you should find it. Different manufacturers label it as slightly different things, but it's probably mentioned as under/overscan, scaling or something like that!

Have a look around in the TV menu, if you can't find anything then post the model/make of the TV in here and we'll try and look through the manual etc for you!

The underscan and overscan option should be on the television menu. If you go through the display settings you should find it. Different manufacturers label it as slightly different things, but it's probably mentioned as under/overscan, scaling or something like that!

Have a look around in the TV menu, if you can't find anything then post the model/make of the TV in here and we'll try and look through the manual etc for you!

Thanks for the help, I've never thought to look in the tv menu, I just used the amd vision and control center before but obviously it's a little different with Nvidia, currently my daughter has claimed dominion over the tv, but I will report back as soon as I find out if it's worked

No worries, looking forward to hearing back!

If you can't find it, I bet your daughter will be able to! ;)

Ha ha, I'd be shocked if she did, she just turned four today, confused her a bit as she had her presents and party the other day as her mum's at work today, she was watching/torturing me with Mr Tumble, just got back from taking her to the beach.

I just tried looking through the tv menu and I'd like to report that it has been a complete success, I changed "full mode" from normal to 1:1.

I didn't want to admit the make of the tv in the original post, ah well, it's an Alba tv, I had a Samsung 32" in the living room and someone was upgrading their tv, so I landed the 40" Alba for £25, not turning my nose up at that as the Samsung is 720i and this is 1080p, plus I got to put the Samsung in my bedroom which I wanted to do for ages.

The annoying thing now is I had to use the overscan feature with the other tv when I could have probably used your suggestion.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
No problem, happy to have been of some assistance! :D

I'm not one to turn up my nose at any brand, especially one that was such a good bargain! I've got a Medion laptop myself which is considered a bad brand, a Techwood TV (very budget), and I regularly shop at LIDL and ALDI... cheap can be very cheerful indeed!

Wishing your daughter a (late) happy birthday, here's to hoping she enjoyed her day! (And didn't drive you mad ;) ).

-J

Ha ha, I'd be shocked if she did, she just turned four today, confused her a bit as she had her presents and party the other day as her mum's at work today, she was watching/torturing me with Mr Tumble, just got back from taking her to the beach.

I just tried looking through the tv menu and I'd like to report that it has been a complete success, I changed "full mode" from normal to 1:1.

I didn't want to admit the make of the tv in the original post, ah well, it's an Alba tv, I had a Samsung 32" in the living room and someone was upgrading their tv, so I landed the 40" Alba for £25, not turning my nose up at that as the Samsung is 720i and this is 1080p, plus I got to put the Samsung in my bedroom which I wanted to do for ages.

The annoying thing now is I had to use the overscan feature with the other tv when I could have probably used your suggestion.

Thanks again for your help.

You're lucky your tv has scaling function,if you had my LCD display your only chance was using the Ati card 6450 the same i have and i only can do the scaling with the Ati 6450 catalytic control, which is a very good card and cheap too.

That's odd, most televisions come with some sort of scaling. This is useful for non HD inputs too such as DVD players, allowing you upscale the media.

The setting doesn't always shows as "scaling," what TV do you have Frank?

that's odd, most televisions come with some sort of scaling. This is useful for non hd inputs too such as dvd players, allowing you upscale the media.

The setting doesn't always shows as "scaling," what tv do you have frank?

vizio vw42lfhdtv10a

Back
Top Bottom