Screen tearing

simonmoore1986

Beta member
Hi guys, seeing if i can get any input on my new tv.
i bought a SEIKI - SE50FO04UK 50" LED TV
I use it for laptop, a rog with using a 870m. My last tv, a older 42 Toshiba which ran at 60z at 1080p had no problems. The new seiki runs at 60hz at 1080p.

I get screen tearing while watching films using vlc player and gaming. For gaming (as a example warthunder) i have vsync activated and it runs a nice locked 60fps, but the tv still tears.

Using vlc player i cant lock vsync in my geforce setting but i have set the global setting to lock v snyc and set to high performance, i have tried all the setting and default is still the best until there is some kind of quick movement, explosions and a like.
I have no idea what i should be looking at now, Is it the tv or is just a compatibility issue,
ANy help would be much appreciated

EDIT: playing war thunder i turn vsnyc off, my fps sky rockets to 120+fps and no more tearing, Thinking that v-snync is now the enemy i treid turning it off under global settings, desktop still can not handle 30fps and 60fps 1080p video without tearing, media from downloaded media and youtube test videos, (internet connection not a issue 70mbps connection)

From what I can find out about the TV, it's pretty bare bone and poor at motions.

In other words, it's a cheap TV and you can't expect much from it.

No arguments being cheap but running games at its fine. Multimedia is its biggest issue. I can understand the other way around but this way dose not make sense

Hello there!

I get it you're using an nVidia card. Go to the nVidia control panel and change the global settings of v-sync to application controlled.

What is the current desktop refresh rate? Since you can run games having 120+ fps with no tearing, then I presume that the refresh rate is perhaps 120Hz? If so, then there should be no need to use v-sync on VLC player if the videos you play have less than 120 fps.

Also, make sure VLC does not have an activated fps lock feature. I use MPC-HC so I don't know much about VLC, but these are just general information that only differ in naming from one app to another.

Back
Top Bottom