What is your speed test!

My plan was normally 50 down and 5 up before I upgraded to turbo which is 100 down and 10 up. Gary's may be normal as well.

They must have that restrained Gary as it should be at least 10 Mbps, there is nothing you can do about it if that is what their descriptive said...Allheart's numbers should be here that is a shame but we can all drop dead from her numbers like 125 Mbps down and 14 upload usually!

Meh, I am pretty happy with 50 Down. I just cannot stand our upload speed. I wish they would let us have a bit more of that without having to pay for the complete package for extra down speed I will never use.

Meh, I am pretty happy with 50 Down. I just cannot stand our upload speed. I wish they would let us have a bit more of that without having to pay for the complete package for extra down speed I will never use.
Why do you need a faster upload speed? Do you upload lots of large files? Personally, I don't pay much attention to the upload speed as I don't do a lot of uploading which I believe is the case for most users.

Not just that strollin, every time you send an email that is an upload and some of the videos I have seen lately since we had the two grandchildren can be huge!

I own a website that uses pics to explain how to do some thing or just show something off. Pics can be large and uploaded in mass. I need that extra upload bandwidth so it doesn't take all day to do it.

I upload my share of pictures too but, even if there's quite a few, it doesn't take very long, even with less that a 4Mbps upload speed. I suppose if you are uploading a mass with hundreds of photos, then you could use the fast upload speed.

Now if you're talking about video, especially anything of an hour or more in length, then it could take a long time unless you have a fast upload speed.

I'm sure that there are those out there that could really benefit from a faster upload speed, I'm just saying that the majority of users don't need nor care about it which is why ISPs tend to provide fast downloads and mediocre uploads.

I've tried talking to my ISP about getting a better speed and they won't give me a straight answer its ridiculous. They promise atleast 20mbps on ADSL2 and we don't get anywhere near that.

Why do you need a faster upload speed? Do you upload lots of large files? Personally, I don't pay much attention to the upload speed as I don't do a lot of uploading which I believe is the case for most users.
I upload a lot of files quickly, and sometimes they are large.
I also test my software that way. But the main reason is for a large project that I am doing (its private for now) that will require the software to be able to recieve updates. Its 20MB(ish) right now, but will likely continue to grow. Extra upload speed would be wonderful for this.

EDIT:

Thing is, it turns into 30KBPS for transfer.

Last edited:
I've tried talking to my ISP about getting a better speed and they won't give me a straight answer its ridiculous. They promise atleast 20mbps on ADSL2 and we don't get anywhere near that.

Are you sure it's "at least"? typically ISPs will say "up to" a specific speed so they can protect themselves from people not "getting what they pay for".

Back
Top Bottom