Can I Crossfire?

Depends highly on how well the game is optimized for Crossfire. In some games my 770 Sli setup performs as well a GTX Titan.

I favor single GPU's over multiple cards solutions, simple because i dislike the added power draw, noise and heat (not to mention that some games have issues running with multiple cards). But in my case i bought an extra as a temporarily solution until Nvidia comes out with their new series. It was a cheaper upgrade than buying a 980. I believe datkins have a similar reason for his upgrade.

That's exactly right.. the extra card will give me a great performance boost for something that would otherwise cost me a great deal more.

I don't think the noise will be an issue for me as I use a headset with intense gaming.. it's just the temps that concern me the most. Hopefully all will be okay though..

Hey Biker!

Seems to be running really great. Getting great performance and the temps aren't as bad as I was expecting.

In Middle Earth: Shadows Of Mordor on maximum settings @ 1920x1080 my top GPU is peaking at about 80 degrees... my CPU (8350) overclocked from 4.0Ghz to 4.2Ghz is running at around 50 degrees... not too shabby I'd say!

I was half expecting the GPU to be hitting around the 90 mark, but the fans on the 270x's are very good.

Just a thought - the generic factory-integrated fan curves on 99% of GPUs are sh*te

Get MSI Afterburner and create your own fan curve, so they increase incrementally as the temps rise. Most AMD cards seem to come with this ridiculous 'all or nothing' fan philosophy coded in. I.e. it will sit at like 15% fan speed until it gets to 80C then they will ramp up to like 85%.

How my 270X is set up:-
Capture.png

Without the custom curve, in Valley Benchmark it will hit low 80s, with that exact fan curve it tops out at 74.

I have to disagree completely. I'm using GPU-Z and create a log of temperature, fan speed, clock speeds, etc. with it. The fan speed is very incremental and proportionate to GPU temperature.. you can see from the report that about every 2 degrees the fan speed increases by 1%. I just played a 2 hour session of Thief on maximum settings and the temps didn't rise above 70 either.

I have to disagree completely. I'm using GPU-Z and create a log of temperature, fan speed, clock speeds, etc. with it. The fan speed is very incremental and proportionate to GPU temperature.. you can see from the report that about every 2 degrees the fan speed increases by 1%. I just played a 2 hour session of Thief on maximum settings and the temps didn't rise above 70 either.

Could be because you're on Sapphire cards and I'm on MSI - the Twin Frozr has this tendency to do this; not sure about the Sapphire cooler (which is the VaporX or the Tri-X or other varients?)

I just prefer full manual control of my fans. They're dead quiet anyway no matter how fast they end up going :lol:

Well, you're correct! :D I'm using 2 Sapphire 270x's.. I love the look of them and, apparently so, the fan speeds are configured very well.

I'd have thought that CCC would have been the factor controlling it all, though, not the make of the card. Though I could be wrong!

Edit: Started this thread a little bit ago, forgot I'd originally stated in my first post that I'd mentioned they were Sapphire..!

Additionally, I use a gaming headset whenever I play intense games.. so I'm not really phased by how much noise the computer makes!

CCC is abit crap for fan control, you can set one manual speed and it will stay at that one speed all the time :p could be wrong but it's my understanding that the factory fan curve is set by the card's BIOS - MSI make a good BIOS but their preference for quietness over coolness does hinder overclocking a bit

Back
Top Bottom