Deleted wireless adapter

I would suggest trying Device Manager to update the drivers first. Just plug in the computer to the network via ethernet cable temporarily, then open Device Manager. See if the Wifi adapter is visible under "network Adapters" in Device Manager. Right Click and select "update Driver"

Then if that doesn't work, download drivers manually. If the Wifi Adapter is built in/came with the PC, check your PC manufacturer's website. If you purchased the Adapter seperately, check the website of the adapter manufacturer (reaktek in this case)

Very nice crazyman! I never thought about connecting with a Ethernet cable.
That would surely be worth a try. I'm wondering about uninstall and reboot if the adapter is visible under network adapters.
PS also wondering if there are any other yellow marks in devise manager??

Last edited:
Hey guys sorry it's been a while but I've found the model number it's
It's a medion
I've downloaded and installed the Realtek driver but it's still not detecting any networks.
Product no. 90110
Model no. MD8369

Pat'k

Assuming the wireless is a card and not a chip on the mother board, this method is going to be a little time consuming but it determine if the card is dead.

Shut down the computer.
Unplug it from the wall.
Press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds.
Open case and remove wireless card.
Plug in wall and boot computer.
Let it go through the complete boot process.
Shut down computer.
Pull wall plug.
Press and hold power button for 10 seconds.
Reinstall wireless card.
Plug in wall.
Reboot.
After booting check device manager to determine if the system can see it.
If yes, then use device manager to get updated drivers.

If no then card is dead.
Replace with TP-Link http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WDN4800-Wireless-Express-Low-profile/dp/B007GMPZ0A
Don't use the mini CD that comes with it. Windows will get enough drivers to be able to get on line. Go to the TP-Link website and get the proper drivers for it.

Last edited:
You need more than the network driver you need chipset driver first, video driver, audio driver and finally wireless driver but you model number isn't correct. You can go here and plugin the proper information and get all of what you need.
MEDION UK - Driver

Ok so then the mother board drivers obviously aren't included in the recovery copy of the OS. So Rich is right in saying you have to get the drivers from the computer maker's website.
It seems to me that's just a cost cutting way to have just one version of the recovery software and have each user having different models go to the website and get what they need for their model. Cheaper than burning 10 different versions and having to keep up with which one goes with which model.

Thank you all, I've managed to install all of the drivers! Except the bloody WLAN one so I've extracted the files but it hasn't come with an installer or application to actually install it. Here's all the files it's got
ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1439288544.850330.jpgImageUploadedByComputer Forums1439288564.281862.jpg

Pat'k

Right click the WLAN adapter and select "Update Driver Software", Select "Browse my computer for driver software" then point it to the folder those files are in and see if Windows can install the drivers, Hopefully that will work.

Back
Top Bottom