What do you like or dislike about W10

donetao

Banned
Hi Have you had time to find out what you like or dislike about W10.
So far I'm very happy with the upgrade. I'm still looking around, but I haven't found any thing I dislike. I'm thinking Microsoft might have done some thing right this time. I'm a happy camper at the moment. Things could change tomorrow!! Still can't believe it's free. There has to be a gimmick some where.:facepalm: It seems to be to be a cross between W7 and W8 to me.
How long until W11?? Here's a feature I really like about this upgrade. If this works,it's a great feature to windows.;) What feature do you like about W10??

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 4
I absolutely love it. I am trying to use my Microsoft Account to sign-in but a new grey window opens then closes again.

There's nothing I particularly like or dislike about Win 10, it's just another OS to me. I'm not a huge fan of the new Start menu though, I think it's a clumsy mess. I never missed the Start menu in Win 8 (didn't use the Start screen in Win 8 or a 3rd party app like Classic Shell because they aren't needed) so don't understand why the rest of the world cried for it to be put back.

I haven't upgraded any of my machines to Win 10 but I have been running it in a VM for months, ever since MS released the first Technical Preview. I have 1 machine I'm thinking about trying to upgrade, an old Acer Aspire One netbook. It would be interesting to see how Win 10 runs on it. Other than that machine, I have no plans to upgrade any of my other machines. I don't care if the upgrade is free or not. When it comes time to buy/build a new machine, I'll go with Win 10 on it.

MS has said that Win 10 is the LAST version of Windows. From now on, there will be no new versions, just updates. MS refers to it as "Windows as a service".

There's nothing I particularly like or dislike about Win 10, it's just another OS to me. I'm not a huge fan of the new Start menu though, I think it's a clumsy mess. I never missed the Start menu in Win 8 (didn't use the Start screen in Win 8 or a 3rd party app like Classic Shell because they aren't needed) so don't understand why the rest of the world cried for it to be put back.

I haven't upgraded any of my machines to Win 10 but I have been running it in a VM for months, ever since MS released the first Technical Preview. I have 1 machine I'm thinking about trying to upgrade, an old Acer Aspire One netbook. It would be interesting to see how Win 10 runs on it. Other than that machine, I have no plans to upgrade any of my other machines. I don't care if the upgrade is free or not. When it comes time to buy/build a new machine, I'll go with Win 10 on it.

MS has said that Win 10 is the LAST version of Windows. From now on, there will be no new versions, just updates. MS refers to it as "Windows as a service".

good for you that everything is running good in win 7 for you,

i can't say that of win 7 in my HP and Lenovo Machines, after doing the win 7 upgrade,i notice in Lenovo AGT Ati catalytic HD 6450 graphic card output tv display works better then in win 7,and in HP wireless is getting better strength with no cuts and weak wireless,these are the things i use most maybe there are other things that run better in win 10 then in 7!

good for you that everything is running good in win 7 for you, ...!
It's interesting that you would draw that conclusion from my post, Frank55, since no where in my post did I mention Win 7!

I'm actually running a mix of Win 7 and Win 8.1 machines and have no issues on any of them.

Windows 10 is everything I hoped it would be so far! I upgraded my laptop and just got a new 850 evo in to put W10 on for my main rig. I am upgrading from Vista on my main rig so it should be a good boost in performance (plus I am currently using an old OCZ vertex ssd).

I love the look of W10. Sleek, modern, and clean. Love the look of the menus, Cortana is awesome for finding programs, settings, and info on the web, and even the dock is great in the way it shows open tabs/progress of active downloads. The start menu is nice with the live tiles, though I honestly don't use it much thanks to cortana. I am also a big fan of the windows apps like Mail, which don't take up the whole screen and look ugly like they did in W8.1. A much more refined OS. The Edge browser looks and feels great but I still like Firefox best. Idk. I may switch over to Edge. And of course DX12. Finally! Can't wait to see the fps boost from the low level API and the graphical boost as well.

It's interesting that you would draw that conclusion from my post, Frank55, since no where in my post did I mention Win 7!

I'm actually running a mix of Win 7 and Win 8.1 machines and have no issues on any of them.

(no plans to upgrade any of my other machines. I don't care if the upgrade is free or not. When it comes time to buy/build a new machine, I'll go with Win 10 on it.)

strollin: these were your own words and my reply was based on that.

I am only using window 10 on VM, but that is because our current systems are running 7 and working as designed. I do like 10, but it is different so the family probably woulnt get used to the upgrade easily.

(no plans to upgrade any of my other machines. I don't care if the upgrade is free or not. When it comes time to buy/build a new machine, I'll go with Win 10 on it.)

strollin: these were your own words and my reply was based on that.
Frank55 - It's a moot point (and I'm just being a picky smart aleck) but since, my own words never mentioned Windows 7, how would it be possible for you to conclude that Win 7 works fine for me? Maybe my other machines run only Win 8. :lol:

I found this article that lists (in slideshow format, unfortunately) some of the lesser known new features of win10.

Some nice things that I've noticed so far:
better multi-monitor support with dual taskbars
prettier pictures on the lock screen.
The new Notification center, although reminiscent of OSX, is pretty nice.
Vastly improved start menu, obviously (Over win 8. I'm not yet convinced it's better than win7)
Maybe Cortana? Haven't tried her yet. Seems like it'll be fun for 5 minutes just like siri.
Improved layout of the settings app.
Virtual Desktops, very handy
Less derpy system sounds
Can finally CTRL V in Command Prompt. Someone over at MS gets it.

Cons:
Candy Crush, Flipboard, Twitter, various Xbox apps, this list goes on. Seriously MS?
OneDrive comes installed, running, and not easily removable.
The new "Quick Access" view. I will literally never use that. Fortunately, I can switch back to the standard "My Computer" view.
Too much white. My Eyes!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom