It Snowed

BK_123

Golden Master
So today for first time in 20 years since 1986 it snowed in Tasmania. Where I live we didn't get a lot but still was good. I probably won't get to experience something like this again for a long time.

Snow day wonder | News Pictures and Photos | The Mercury

11825600_10207287356404256_7854194445503388212_n.jpg

Your lucky BK if you hardly get any snow. I wish we had the same temps during winter as the state of Florida. I hate winter....:angel:

The coldest I ever remember it being here was about -10C, in about January. Was riding the old motorbike to work and had to actually pull over because my fingers had frozen up even with my triple-insulated gloves on.

On the flipside, it was 35C here not too long ago. British weather.

Here in Texas, we have been getting more snow than is normal. As of the recent years, it has snowed twice in a 4 year time. (The default is ice... always ice.)
I hope it does the same this winter... love that over rain and heat.

The last time we were in Tassie in December 1996, it snowed at my brothers house at Fern Tree (near Mt. Wellington) in Hobart on xmas day.

Shock to the system after the 30°C temps when we left in the morning at Bundaberg airport, it was 13°c in the afternoon at Hobart airport.

The coldest I ever remember it being here was about -10C, in about January. Was riding the old motorbike to work and had to actually pull over because my fingers had frozen up even with my triple-insulated gloves on.

On the flipside, it was 35C here not too long ago. British weather.

What gloves do you have? I usually wear thin Frank Thomas leather ones, but in cold weather I use gloves which have thermal inners (for each individual finger), and the outer looks like a lobster claw (one section for my thumb, and then rather than four fingers, it's just two sections with two fingers in each, I'll find a pic to explain sec

EDIT: Kinda like this:
2Finger-Mitter-Gloves.jpg

Back
Top Bottom