So.. How is Windows 10 going?

Thank you for the heads up.

The thing is, it worked fine at first but then the system started to act up and give long booting/shutting down times.

I'm thinking of doing a fresh install this time. Oh boy, gotta setup Office again. Only if the fresh install works, that is.

Aaaand it worked. Thank you :)

I want to know what gets DELETED during the upgrade. I have an HP G7 laptop with the factory install. On the C: drive is the OS and software including a paid for copy of Office and ESET. On the D: drive is the backups it has. On the E: drive is the HP tools.
This is on 1 physical drive.

What is it going to delete, what am I going to lose?

By the way I don't like how I was checking on my reservation status and it started downloading it with out my consent. When it got done it showed the license junk and I click the red X. I'm not ready to run it just yet. It deleted the download. What a load of crap.

Hi friend! The only thing I can say, is the only problem I had was I had to reinstall a couple of freeware Apps. and I'm not sure they were working before the upgrade.
I created a back up image of my OS on a external drive before doing the upgrade.
You also have the option to go back to W7, but who knows if that will work.

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2
I want to know what gets DELETED during the upgrade. I have an HP G7 laptop with the factory install. On the C: drive is the OS and software including a paid for copy of Office and ESET. On the D: drive is the backups it has. On the E: drive is the HP tools.
This is on 1 physical drive.

By the way I don't like how I was checking on my reservation status and it started downloading it with out my consent. When it got done it showed the license junk and I click the red X. I'm not ready to run it just yet. It deleted the download. What a load of crap.

Nothing should be deleted, I've backed up my videos, music and anything else but I never store my documents locally.

Yeah I too am not happy/impressed about how it goes about downloading the upgrade and they're plan to use PC's to distribute updates other machines over internet which will cause a lot of anger Windows 10 commandeers users' upload bandwidth | Computerworld. I like the local network part but not the public part.

Is that an HP laptop with switchable graphics? If yes, God help you!

I don't it would be.

One of my most favorite things about Windows 10 is the multitasking and virtual desktops. This what Windows 8/8.1 should've been but it was well worth the wait, I also cannot wait for Cortana to arrive in Australia.

I took a walk through W10 settings fine tuning and all that. I found the default setting for the audio device and set it to the sound card. Now when I play the DVD movie it worked as it should.

W10 is looking better than ever. :)

I've upgraded our Acer Touchscreen this afternoon and it upgraded without a hitch. Only thing was when the sound was enabled Windows decided to use the default as microphone or something similar from a piece of software someone has installed and uses but all working fine now. Currently in the process of downloading it for my Mum's little HP laptop.

CRASH! :eek:

That's the sound my W10 made a while ago. I had a popup that asked to be rebooted and I thought something updated so I said ok.

That was it, a blue screen of death. I tried recovery, restore point and repair to no avail but to go back to my previous build.

I'm back on my W7 and I think I'll keep it that way. :lol:

Hey Celery! I'm still hanging with it, but I'm really starting to have some doubts about how well Microsoft prepared for this. It wouldn't be the first time they screwed up, would it?? LOL
PS As long as I have my Old Buddie Macrium Reflect by my side, there isn't a Hell of a lot that scares this old country boy! LOL
I'm thinking about letting others find the bugs. My blood pressure has been high these last few days! LOL

It's the most thorough operating system upgrade I've ever seen from Microsoft, I would anticipate teething problems. If you want a perfectly smooth installation then I would suggest you buy a new product key and perform a clean installation.

Back
Top Bottom