Windows back up feature!!

donetao

Banned
Hi I have tried every thing I can think of and I still get this error. I got it before the W10 upgrade and I'm still getting this error. It's really a crappy windows feature and I really don't depend on it, but I would just like it to run without this error. Does anyone here have a problem with this feature?
Thanks!
Gary!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 15
Did you uninstall the program and not delete the icon? Sounds like a broken link.
Hi friend! No I use Macrium Reflect all the time. It's a working program. It's really crazy why that is the thing keeping me from backing up 100%. I've had this problem for a long time.
Thanks for your reply!! That was a good suggestion!
Gary!
PS I have Goggled the error code 0x8100002F and tried all those suggestions, but still no cigars!!

Last edited:
Hi friend! No sir program is not on the desktop! I'm not very good at explaining these things. Sorry!!
Gary!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hi Don't speed a lot of time on this problem as it might not be solvable. I have been working on it for years!. I can not revile all, but here is a good example!
The sad thing about this is that Microsoft has know about this for a very long time and they still have not fixed the problem with a patch. Even after a W10 upgrade the feature still does not work!!
Now I'm done ranting and it felt good!! Here's a reply to Microsoft a very long time ago on their forum!
Hi ! I'm very sorry if I'm out of line here. I'm trying to learn and pass it forward. I have tired every thing. I use to be able to create a restore of my W7, but one day it stopped working and now I get this error code Ox80070002 and nothing I do works. I can create a system image, but I can not create all user . This is very flusterating to me. I have other software that lets me create back up images of my OS ,but I would really like this to work also. I will try any thing that is suggested and report back.
The above is a reply to Microsoft and it's still broke!!
Thank you!!
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...m/92acb343-8f6d-4644-9487-f610b0b2922f?page=5

Last edited:
Hi! Here's what a flash drive with W7 looks like on a flash drive.
Trying to make a hand here! learning and passing forward. That's my gig!!
Gary!
I'll be good now! Good night all!:D:hide:

Attachments

• Capture49.jpg
    Capture49.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi! Just wondering if there are any Microsoft robots on the forum that would be brave enough to log on the forum and reply to this thread!!
Gary!

There are no problems, only solutions.
0x80070002
Basically that says is it's an incorrectly configured backup. You might want to check this out:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/979281
It relates in some circumstances you can ignore that error code. If you get an error code some thing is not right and in my opinion it should not be ignored. It should be resolved. Sometimes it's as simple as updating drivers or as complicated as resolution 2 in that link. Hoo boy, whew. Talking about jumping through hoops to solve a problem.

I started using this 2 weeks ago and let windows run the show. I'm not interested in backing up my personal files with this program. I do that manually twice a week on my WD MyCloudMirror NAS box. I could have this program dump the output to the nas box as it perceives it as just another drive. But with windows running the show the output files are pretty big. When the 500giger starts to get a wee bit tight for space I'll run the backup cleanup program and get rid of backups over 2 weeks old.

Anyway give it a read and decide what you want to do. BTW what brand hard drive is that in your computer?

Interesting problem for which Microsoft does seem to be aware of it and has offered many solutions. I agree it is not worth much time to figure out because using that Ms Backup is really for the indigent, or people with time on their hands. I have not tried it since XP days where it didn't work with cd's and you had to install Widows first before using it. Knowing all this I scratched my head and moved on to professional programs. You use the best for right now as Macrium is really the #1 program these days. Move on Gary, life is too short especially when the backup they claim actually works anyway.

Back
Top Bottom