HP 19-2114 micro pci ex16 card slot

Aaron92400

Beta member
Can I get a pci ex16 grapghics card to get better graphics? No high end gamming, just an RC flight simulator program. Program says it needs at least an ATI Radion 9800. Not sure how good the stock AMD HD 8240 is?

The specs for that motherboard show it only has a PCI-e half length mini card slot. If you have wireless on that the slot is already occupied.
As for adding a graphics card, unless you can find one that meets the slot format, you're out of luck. It's very tight in there.

That's basically a laptop. It uses laptop configuration hard ware.

ok, thanks. So no real way to do anything? I hear the cp is soldered in as well. Can they be unsoldered and somehthing else put it? I'm sure someone has torn these apart and played with the internals.

The board is designed around the APU in it now. Newegg has refurbished HP slims that could run that program for under 200 dollars.

There are sometimes upgrade routes which are possible, but ONLY if the laptop was sold with that particular upgrade as an option in that model line. I would then guess you have to flash the BIOS, desolder the old chip and resolder the new one, and amend the cooling if necessary.

Not worth the risk, if you need an upgrade, like setishock said, get a new PC!

Thanks. The program I'm going says it needs at least a 1.0 ghz processor, 256mb ram and a Radion 9800 graphics card.

My AIO computer has a dual core 1.4 ghz processor, 4 gb ram and an AMD Radion HD 8240 intergrated graphics card. How is that compared to a Radion 9800?

Thanks

ok thanks. Sounds like I should have nothing to worry about then. This is my first AIO computer.

Back
Top Bottom