Windows 7 install question

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
Hey guys i have a couple of questions that i hope someone could help me with. Ok so i have a spare laptop that needs a hard drive, wich i will replace.

Ok so here's my question. where can i download an ISO of Windows 7? The Digital River site does not allow the downloading of Windows 7 anymore.

And my second question is, when i do in fact install Windows 7 onto the laptop, can i use the code on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop to activate Windows?

Thanks for the help in advance guys. :)

Beat me to it LOL
If that does not work for you, there are other solutions. Works well for me though so I do not see you having a problem.

Your welcome! I hope it works for you. It didn't work for me. That's OK because I'm now running W10, and so far I'm happy with it. You might think about up grading to W10. It's free!!
Gary!

Thanks Gary but i'm an old fashion guy when it comes to operating systems...i just love the Windows 7 look, and i'm used to using it. i'm just not ready yet to change over. ;)

Thanks Gary but i'm an old fashion guy when it comes to operating systems...i just love the Windows 7 look, and i'm used to using it. i'm just not ready yet to change over. ;)
I'm with you friend. I was very happy with W7, but I'm really liking W10 so far.
Good computing friend. I hope all goes well for you on the windows ISO.

Good hunting friend! I just down loaded W10 on a flash drive. It went well and I'm happy to have that in my desk drawer if I ever need it!! Will you be a regular if things work out for you??
Gary!

He is a regular!

I'd also recommend Windows 10 too if I'm honest, recommending Windows 7 now would've been like recommending Windows XP when Windows 7 was released... certainly worth getting the newer OS (though at least you're still getting security updates).

That link (Microsoft Software Recovery) is brilliant, I'd never heard of it before, I'll certainly be recommending that!

Back
Top Bottom