speaker problems

jarlmaster

In Runtime
I have a logitech Z313 speaker set (actually have 2. one for the comp and one for the tv) that is having some issues. It's the one for the tv. I get a lot of feedback and the sound comes in and out. This just started happening today. If I wiggle the aux cable that goes into the subwoofer sometimes it helps but after a little while it reverts back to the issues I've been having. Any suggestions or are my speakers dead. They're roughly 4 years old.

Try the speakers from the TV in your phone or PC instead. If the speakers still sound bad then it sounds like they're on the way out.

If you're handy with a soldering iron and tools you could take a look at the offending cable that's going into the back of the subwoofer, you have nothing to lose if it's already damaged! :)

Agree with Joedaman. Also, you could try plugging them in to a different surge protector/outlet, sometimes you can get interference from the line. Though since you say fiddling with the aux cable affects it, I'm betting that cable is your issue. If you can get into the box, sometimes swapping the cable can be an easy diy fix. I have that same speaker set, although I've never tried taking them apart.

If wriggling the aux cable made a difference you seem to have pinpointed it. If the socket is mounted on a PC board it's a good bet that's the problem.

You can position the cable where it works and tape it in place as a temporary fix (or permanent if you like).

It's kaput. Totally fried. Now wiggling the aux cable doesn't make a difference and there is a horrible buzzing sound. Oh well. 30 bucks to get a new set.

There is no aux cable on that model. There's the remote cable that goes to the control head and a jack for the satellite speakers. And of course the power cord. And the cable that goes to the source.
If you wiggle the cable going to the control head and it temporarily fixes the problem more than likely there's a wire broken inside the jacket. It's a real bear fixing that. You have the volume pot, headphone jack, and power switch. That's at the least 8 conductors of 24 or 26 ga wire. That's 16 solder joints you have to redo.

If it's the speaker wire you're referring to then possibly the jack on the back panel is worn out. Takes longer for the iron to heat up than to do the actual replacement.

Not being an ass about it but if you gave the current price of $49.99usd for it and it's worked for 4 years, I think you got more than you money's worth out of it. I'd hop on Newegg and get a replacement.
Logitech Z313 Speakers - Newegg.com

I don't solder. I figured much the same and I am definitely getting a replacement. I gotta get a new printer so I'll just pick up another set when I do that. I have definitely gotten my money's worth. No complaints. But I have another Z313 set that I have had for almost 6 years!! By the way the Z313 is 35 bucks at best buy which is what I paid last time.

Ha fixed my speakers! It was the cable that goes into the tv that was the issue. Just jiggled it and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom