So.. How is Windows 10 going?

I guess some burners have problems with some brands as I didn't have any problems with Maxell on mine.

Try Verbatim, they've been 100% with me. :thumb:

I haven't tried other DVDs to pinpoint the problem yet. It could be just this one DVD. Autoplay says it's deciding what to do with this "enhanced" DVD, whatever that means.

Hi Bill! I'll give Verbatim a shot next time. I have been very lucky with the up grade From W7 toW10. I'm usually on the short stick, but this time it worked out for me. I simply typed wuauclt.exe/updatenow in the Command Prompt. There was very little input from me and W10 down loaded and installed on my PC; and it seems to be running very well. I feel sorry for those that are having problems, but that was expected IMHO! I'm hoping Microsoft will get all the glitches taken care of soon.
Right now, I'm a very happy camper and felling very fortunate. So far I'm really liking what I see with W10??
PS We have some thing to talk about here on the forum. LOL
Gary!!

It's be great if there was some expertise on here with Apple products and mobile devices too, let's get through the merge in one piece before we start playing around though eh? x)

When will my free upgrade arrive? This is email from Microsoft!!

You've already reserved, so your free upgrade is on the way. This is the largest software upgrade event ever and we're managing it so everyone has a great experience.

Your notification to upgrade could come as soon as a few days or in a few weeks.

In the meantime, you can always check your upgrade status in the Get Windows 10 app. Find the app by clicking on the Windows icon on your task bar.

Here are some common questions about the upgrade process. Click on the links for answers.

When will I get my free upgrade?

How long does it take to install the upgrade?

What if I have more than one Windows device – can I upgrade them all?

What edition of Windows will I get as part of this free upgrade?

Will my PC or tablet be compatible with Windows 10?

More questions? Check out the FAQ

Absolutely can't wait? You have a couple of options to get your upgrade sooner:
1. Visit a Microsoft Store for free upgrade services.
2. Use the Media Creation Tool
to install immediately on one or more devices (recommended for tech-savvy users only).

Well, my windows 10 experience has taken a dramatic turn for the worse. After the upgrade, it started using my onboard video instead of the card. No problem, I got to device manager, uninstall drivers, and reboot. BSODs. BSODs everywhere. Looks like I'll be restoring my backup image after all.
An update on my situation if anyone cares to know: I restored from my image of windows 7 last night, and did the upgrade to 10 again. This time, before my first reboot, I went to device manager and uninstalled drivers for onboard graphics, my video card, and all attached hard drives. Upon reboot correct drivers were installed and no BOSDs.

Hi! I care to know! Thanks for your feed back. Good for you! We have to have these little issues in our PC life to keep our minds working. PC life would be dull if every thing worked right the first time.
Gary!

Hi! I care to know! Thanks for your feed back. Good for you! We have to have these little issues in our PC life to keep our minds working. PC life would be dull if every thing worked right the first time.
Gary!

Why don't we all just trade in our PCs for Macs? nothing EVER goes wrong with macs, so I'm told. :whistling:

Researches revealed that my problem is with the Sony Hybrid (Enhanced) DVD and most players have problems with it. My DVD is a Sony so it seem to be an isolated problem.

Now to try my other new DVD, it's a Touchstone so let's see how it goes.

BRB. :)

Nope same problem and this is not an enhanced DVD. I can't believe that W10 is too dumb to play DVD movies.

An update on my situation if anyone cares to know: I restored from my image of windows 7 last night, and did the upgrade to 10 again. This time, before my first reboot, I went to device manager and uninstalled drivers for onboard graphics, my video card, and all attached hard drives. Upon reboot correct drivers were installed and no BOSDs.

Good to know it went fine with you. I did a fresh installation from the ISO over the upgraded screwed up Windows 10 this time and it had an option of keeping personal files but delete Windows and all settings (including drivers). Now it is working like a dream. It is weird since an ISO installation is like using a newly bought Windows that requires a key which it never asked for. The differences between what you and I did is that you kept your old programs and registry. I hope this does not make problems later.

Smart Guy to Crazyman, over and out :D

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Researches revealed that my problem is with the Sony Hybrid (Enhanced) DVD and most players have problems with it. My DVD is a Sony so it seem to be an isolated problem.

Now to try my other new DVD, it's a Touchstone so let's see how it goes.

BRB. :)

Nope same problem and this is not an enhanced DVD. I can't believe that W10 is too dumb to play DVD movies.

Use free third party software like MPC-HC (like I do) and VLC :D

Back
Top Bottom