Synaptic Pointing tool icon!

frank55

In Runtime
I have this red Icon on the taskbar Synaptics pointing tool that always comes on upon reboot,despite unticking it in the mouth properties, Remove icon in Taskbar ,do i need this icon?can i uninstall it in the uninstalling program?

you can disable the tray icon in your startup items. Usually the Synaptics tray program allows you to make changes to settings quickly, but isn't necessary for the touchpad to work properly. to disable it:

In Windows 7:

Start > Run >type "msconfig" > OK > Select "Startup" > Select the "synaptics" program > Disable

Win 8 or higher:

Use CTRL + ALT + DEL > Select "Startup" > Select the "synaptics" program > Disable

You could also try simply "hiding" the icon rather than disabling it. Click the Chevron icon in the task tray, select "customize" then change the synaptics icon to "Hide icon and notifications." It will still run but will not be visible.

Last edited:
you can disable the tray icon in your startup items. Usually the Synaptics tray program allows you to make changes to settings quickly, but isn't necessary for the touchpad to work properly. to disable it:

In Windows 7:

Start > Run >type "msconfig" > OK > Select "Startup" > Select the "synaptics" program > Disable

Win 8 or higher:

Use CTRL + ALT + DEL > Select "Startup" > Select the "synaptics" program > Disable

{You could also try simply "hiding" the icon rather than disabling it. Click the Chevron icon in the task tray, select "customize" then change the synaptics icon to "Hide icon and notifications." It will still run but will not be visible.}

I did that and it comes back upon reboot, i'll try to do that again, thanks

You could also check Task Scheduler, as programs often hide in there. Though I would doubt that is the case for the Synaptics program.

You could also check Task Scheduler, as programs often hide in there. Though I would doubt that is the case for the Synaptics program.

Thanks Bro; i was just about to send same pic attached. you did beat me to it.

exactly, i do tick the Remove icon tray from taskbar and save ,but it comes back in the taskbar upon rebooting.

Did you check the link to see what it was, or did you just post your reply??
StartUpLITE speeds Windows' startup

No one likes waiting for their computer to start - it's like watching paint dry (or golf). We at Malwarebytes know that you have places to go and websites to see so we created a lightweight and user-friendly way to speed up your start.
StartUpLITE provides a safe, easy, and efficient way to eliminate unnecessary applications that start when you turn on your computer.
By disabling or removing unnecessary entries, StartUpLITE can dramatically shorten your startup time with just a few clicks of the mouse. Stop waiting and start computing.

Back
Top Bottom