Error code on win10 downloaded folder 80240020,

frank55

In Runtime
Hi guys: i'm trying to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on my lenovo thinkcenter M71 and i have error code on win10 downloaded folder 80240020,
i have the notification flag and win 7 is updated, any help please.

The solution I've seen for this is to Clear the Windows Updates download folder here:

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\

Then run this to force Windows Update:

wuauclt.exe /updatenow

But when I received that error, the above didn't work for me. I ended up downloading the media creation tool from here instead:

Windows 10

The solution I've seen for this is to Clear the Windows Updates download folder here:

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\

Then run this to force Windows Update:

wuauclt.exe /updatenow

But when I received that error, the above didn't work for me. I ended up downloading the media creation tool from here instead:

Windows 10

Thanks;Some people suggest Download this tool and choose the upgrade now option. I'm doing it now and i'll post results.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Thanks for the up date! Your other link wasn't good! What ever works for you!
Thanks for your feed back!
This worked for me!! wuauclt.exe /updatenow Type that in command prompt!
Gary!!

I'd personally use the media creation tool, makes it a bit more flexible :)

i also made a DVD Iso of Win 10 with the creation tool,ticked the Box make an Iso on a DVD for another PC ,after downloading Win 10 Iso i got an Iso Burner from here

BurnAware Premium Free Download

and made
win 10 RTM iso for farther clean installs,but for now i'm happy with the Upgrade mode all my win 7 programs are there and running great, also i notice Ati Catalytic drivers and resolutions TV displays for win 10 work much better then they were running on win7.

Back
Top Bottom