So.. How is Windows 10 going?

I installed my Windows 10. Not bad, very similar to Win 7 but with better functions.

Just have to work out a few apps.

I got it from the link in post #3. :)

Has anyone had the issue of using CTRL + C (Copy) as I have seen some users with this problem. Also Microsoft has already released a 1GB update full of bug fixes. I haven't downloaded it yet on my laptop but I think my Mum wants it on her laptop so I'll see about getting that going.

I used a tool called Media Creation Tool (I used the 64-bit version) to upgrade instead of waiting for Windows update to do something. The upgrade provided the same version of my Windows 7 Pro. Everything works smoothly, but MS Virtual PC is not supported and the installation required removing it.

For some reason Windows.old folder was not there in the Cleanup service and when I tried to remove it manually it refused due to some kinda permission. I had to use the Windows 7 Setup disk and delete it from a command prompt in the repair section.

Everything else is working fine.

Before that, I took a system image of Win7 in an attempt to return back to it later if I want if at some point my license becomes Win10 only. I just took a system image of Win10 as well. Gotta put that 14TB I have to good use, eh? :)

For some reason Windows.old folder was not there in the Cleanup service and when I tried to remove it manually it refused due to some kinda permission. I had to use the Windows 7 Setup disk and delete it from a command prompt in the repair section.

I was having that issue as well. It's odd that i don't have permission to delete certain files in that folder. You can fix this issue by downloading Unlocker 1.9.2 (Link: http://filehippo.com/download_unlocker/download/93ffae8a5bad6c1fd1eed8ad1bfaae10/)

Note: it takes a long time to delete the files and for some reason in windows 10 the program makes windows unusable until it's done. I have never had any problems with this tool before. I haven't deleted it all yet for that reason. So be aware of that. But it will fix your issue.

Now, as for windows 10. So far i like the new look. There are a lot of new tweaks here and there that makes it look more modern. And i am happy to see that windows new settings menu have been vastly improved over Win8. But you still have the old control panel which i think is a design flaw. If you are gonna make a new settings menu, stick to it. Don't have a Frankenstein setup with 2 settings menus that can do the same thing.

The biggest flaw i have found so far (in my opinion) is that Win10 is still using that bullshit trustinstaller from Win8. You know, that thing that apparently are the owner of all your files and folder in C:\windows, C:\programs, and C:\programs x86..
I made a folder in c:\programs called "test". I then tried to delete it without adding anything to it. Windows then said that i have to provide administrative permissions in order to do it. If i made the folder myself, it shouldn't ask. besides, i have no password on the user. So why even bother asking? Anyone can just click continue. So what's the point?
I can fix it by granting myself ownership, but i still don't understand why it has to be this way. It worked fine in Win7.

Last edited:
Can you not just take ownership of the file and give yourself permissions to delete it?

EDIT: Oops, looks like you've already been looking at that, my bad.

Last edited:
Haven't tried... Just a sec

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Doesn't seem to work.

I tried making the owner my user and even "everyone" as the owner.
Then added full control to "everyone" and myself.

Last edited:
Well, my windows 10 experience has taken a dramatic turn for the worse. After the upgrade, it started using my onboard video instead of the card. No problem, I got to device manager, uninstall drivers, and reboot. BSODs. BSODs everywhere. Looks like I'll be restoring my backup image after all.

Back
Top Bottom