Do I really need 18 months of malware training??

donetao

Banned
Hi! I never seem to know the best place to post my threads. Please move or delete if unappropriated!
Question is do I need to speed 18 months learning how to remove malware?
IMHO I don't think so. I just spent some time cleaning my old Toshiba laptop.
I'm 99.99% sure it's clean of all infections and unwanted PUP's. I will do a little more minor clean up and then I'll create a image of my OS with Macrium Reflect and save it to a external drive
Here's some screen shots. What do you think? Am I clean? Do you have any thing to add. Please add your comments! That's the way I learn new things and then pass them on.:whistling:
Did I need to scan my PC with all these programs. I doubt it, but I did and I'm very confident that I have a clean PC
Gary

Attachments

• Capture600.JPG
    Capture600.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture601.JPG
    Capture601.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture603.JPG
    Capture603.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 2
  • JRT.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 2
Ccleaner is still a good tool for cleaning up junk on your machine. Might even help to keep your image size down (although I think Reflect is pretty good at skipping temp files etc) Also do a malware scan with Hitman Pro. Really effective tool

Thanks! The problem I have with Hitman Pro is that it's not freeware!!
I use do CCleaner!!
HitmanPro offers you a Free Scan for a second opinion. It is designed to check if your security measures work. If nothing is found (and we sincerely hope so), then you will never need a license. When a virus is found, then you will receive a free 30-day license to remove the threat.

That is true but it does show you the location of the threats, either file path or registry key, so they can still be removed with a little patience.

Last edited:
Hi Not sure exactly what went on with Hitman Pro. It found Yahoo Tool bar, but no threats. I really don't like the way the program tries to get you to buy their program.
IMHO there are to many other good free on line scanners and so I don't give it high marks. I will remove the Yahoo Tool Bar. I'm not a fan of Yahoo any way!!
PS I'm not impressed with Hitman Pro. I guess if you were heavy infected, you might get different results???
PS It did leave some files behind on my PC and I don't appreciate that!!
Not a problem as they won't be there very long.
Gary!

Attachments

• Capture605.JPG
    Capture605.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture606.JPG
    Capture606.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Years ago, Hitman Pro was considered a rogue program.

Even though it's now legitimized itself, I still don't think too highly of it either.
I'm not impressed either!! Left several entries behind in my registry. which I quickly deleted. Also some left behind files, which I also quickly deleted. I can see why it might be considered a rogue. It is no longer on my PC. A little to pushy to get you to buy the program.It found Yahoo toolbar. Well I searched and there is no Yahoo toolbar on my PC.
Thanks for your reply!!;)

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom