Hardware transfer

"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)

its right under the ads or your statements

Oh my signature? Long stories, unrelated to this thread.

Transferring hardware all depends on the compatibility of the new motherboard.

For us to help you better, we need to know the new system's motherboard.

Software and files are another issue with different levels of transferring possibilities, but that's another story since you're asking about hardware only.

You can certainly use the memory but the issue with latops is they only have 2 slots so you wind up discarding what was in the new one and it may make no difference. Cpu is a bit tougher as some have stamped processors which are not removable like the "Atom" cpu.
Software has aps like "Laplink" which is not only pricey, it can only be used for one such transfer. Many have used it but one thing I normally see is there is always something maybe even one program that does not go right. But it can be done.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Oh and the hard drive you can certainly use again but as for not reinstalling Windows on it well that seldom goes well. I would format it and use it in a usb external drive case though any day of the week which would be almost required these days for backup!

The Hard Drive may be transferable (provided the interface is the same, it's probably SATA by now anyway so it should be okay), the RAM may be transferable (if it's the same type, for example, if you have a DDR3 slot, only DDR3 will go into it).

Back
Top Bottom