I changed my dog food

The dishes gets washed anyway. :)

Verrrrry true. The hound pre cleans the dishes first.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Yeah same here. We spoil our dogs rotten always getting the scraps and left overs. We are trying to stop it though so they can lose weight. Anything else will go to straight to our chooks.

Amazing. Back some 80 years ago dog owners never would have dome this. Or oven let their dogs in their houses. Now dogs, pets are treated like children. I will not dress my hound in any of those "doggie clothes".

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

No more dogs in my life. I'm77 and my wife has said no more dogs or cats in our lives. They do become a part of your family. When you lose them, it like losing a child. I have lost both loved ones and and cats and dogs. Life really sucks some times
Sorry I didn't mean to screw this thread up. It's was supposed about dog food. Dog food is no different then what we eat and are being poised by processed food.
You want to know a little secret. The Government could give a Big XXXX less
That is MHOP!!
Gary!
images

Last edited:
Oh by the way!! I could care less about my post count. I make these replies because I care . Please love your pet and they will return your love two fold.
I can guarantee that! That's one thing I'm very sure about my friends!
Another thing ,this forum will grow because it has good people; and I know that, and can I guarantee that also my friends.
Good night people!
Gary!

Spay and neuter your pets. Pet over population is a serious problem. Take them to the vet for checkups on a regular bases. They need routine medical care just like us humans do.

Max may be a little upset when the gas wears off and discovers his nuts are gone, but he'll get over it. I'd keep your bedroom door shut in the mean time.

Hey Friend! I wish i had been neutered. My life would have been a Hell of a lot more simplified,. Isn't it time for you to so to bed my fiend?
Sorry friend;just being doneato!
LOL Gary!!
PS! Is this the way the forum use to be?? Dang I would have loved it!! Any way it will be that way again?? We can always hope??
Good night Friend!!
Gary!

My dog Fisher was rescued by my sis at her job. When she showed me pic she took at work I told her you bring this little guy home. :)

My little white dog is very gassy at the moment not sure why.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Here is a story that all animal lovers will probably enjoy, but it is about a time in my life, so I will be talking way to much about myself in this post.

So, at one point in time my mother had brought in this drug addict named Rick. This story is not as much about him as it is his dog. Rick had a dog named Blue for his blue eyes. A bull dog and Shepard mix. Beautiful animal both in looks and personality.
I quickly learned that Blue was more out of control than most dogs should be. He would jump the fence, he would reach up... lets just say that he did things that humans say dogs shouldnt do. Rick thought that his dog could get away with anything.

Now... After years of owning dogs, I have learned to communicate with them in a way that they understand, and its not as difficult as people would like to think.
A dog is trying to understand you, the least you can do is try to understand and speak their language. They want what you eat because dogs trust what you eat as they trust you. They have grown through evolution both by force and by choice. You can research that on your own.

Rick constantly said that I was abusing his dog. He fed his dog more than just dog food, and in the worst ways possible, and got angry with anyone who corrected Blue for so much as jumping. It seems like Blue was living the life, but not to me. He had his own space on the couch, he had his own space in the bed, and in general lived like a human with no instruction. Blue was not as happy as he tried to force himself to be. Dogs want and need instruction. They live to make you happy, and only live for themselves when they must.

I started by teaching him to walk on a leash. It took a bit of time, but only a few hours per day for about a week. Large dog must be allowed to roam. That fixed our fence jumping issues. Yes (because the idiot would not get him neutered) he did try to fight other dogs, and he generally won. Nobody in that area knew how to control their own dogs, which where mostly pitbulls. But Blue became very fond of me, and our smaller dogs. (that has a story in itself about his love for our smaller dogs).

To be on topic, I wish to say that I tried to tell Rick the difference. I tried to teach him. He did not want to learn, and had to be removed from the house by force at gun point.

To this day I miss Blue. But he taught me as much as my other dogs did, so the moral is this... Never allow a dog to dominate you, just work with them. They are trying to work with you, its the least you can do.

TL;DR: Please read if you care too.

I learned about the dogfood advisor site early on and as an ex breeder licensed trainer I believed I was feeding my dog the best possible food. Nutrisca Lamb is a #5 on that list and lamb is more digestible than other types of food for dogs I had always learned.
A rescue German Shepherd at 5 months she came along really well until age 4 when her skin became dry and full of scabs. I sent away to a site that analized dogs for allergies and found out that almost everything in that dog food she was allergic to.
I switched to the Nutrisca chicken food right away and I can see a huge difference in only a month. Here is the site for $80 you will know, I so believe in doing this!
Pet Allergy Testing Kit - Glacier Peak Holistics - Pet Minded

Back
Top Bottom