Hardware transfer

knightghoul

Solid State Member
so recently my Asus computer (n55ojv-db72t) cover, screen, and other parts broke, and i dont want to pay for the parts when it could be cheaper to get a new computer. But the problem with this, is that i wanted to keep the stuff on my old laptop, like the drive, software, hardware, and other computer systems. So can i buy another Asus computer at a cheap price, and transfer the stuff i wanted to keep.

You can use that to transfer files back and forth, but all of your windows settings will need to be re-done and any installed programs will still need to re-installed. That tools is best for getting things like pictures, music and other documents.

what about the processors/chipset, cpu, the core

Can you? Maybe. It all depends on the new system and if the motherboard is the same socket and the new chipset & BIOS support old CPU. There's a good chance it wont. Also, being a laptop, you probably wouldn't be able to just pull out the old motherboard with CPU and stuff still on it - it likely won't fit in the new case. All the connection locations and types (like ribbon vs plug) change and the cooling design is too different.

Brand is irrelevant, even the same model changes year after year to reflect new technologies or to fix issues (like heat management).

Just as an example, when I was working at my college's help desk our school issued 2 different HP model 8520 laptops (2 years apart), the motherboard from the old unit did not line up with the new one so the fans would have been pulling air in from, and pushing it back out into blocked off plastic and would have caused an over-heating. Also, the strip that the power, volume and other "extra" buttons were on went from having a plug-type connection to a ribbon type that you'd normally see with with keyboards.

Brand is irrelevant, even the same model changes year after year to reflect new technologies or to fix issues (like heat management).

Just as an example, when I was working at my college's help desk our school issued 2 different HP model 8520 laptops (2 years apart), the motherboard from the old unit did not line up with the new one so the fans would have been pulling air in from, and pushing it back out into blocked off plastic and would have caused an over-heating. Also, the strip that the power, volume and other "extra" buttons were on went from having a plug-type connection to a ribbon type that you'd normally see with with keyboards.

what was that last part?

Which part of that did you not understand so I can explain better?

"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)

its right under the ads or your statements

Back
Top Bottom