Random Chit Chat

This was at 5:45am CDT.

attachment.php

I'm not a gamer so the high ping doesn't affect what I do.

We pay $119 for a month, Not sure what the speeds are supposed to be or if we even get a promised speed, I'll get on the live chat or phone and hassle em, they love me. Weirdly enough if I run a test to the server in my capital city the results are worse than if I select the server in the capital city the next state over.

4520591555.png

4520595883.png

Last edited:
Hey Donetao, are you using a wifi or ethernet connection to your router? Wifi generally gives higher ping times.
Hi strollin ! I have a AC1750 WiFi Modem Router Model C6300. I'm using it wireless. It's a new router. I haven't tried connecting with the Ethernet cable.
I might try that and see if I get better ping?? Thanks for your reply!;)
Gary!
PS Some times my Ping is better. I think it's my ISP!! I might give them a shout and a bad time. LOL

Last edited:
The only thing consistent is your system. The internet can be congested, bad link ups, etc. I usually log off when it's acting up and get back on. It's usually straightened out then.

Hi strollin ! I have a AC1750 WiFi Modem Router Model C6300. I'm using it wireless. It's a new router. I haven't tried connecting with the Ethernet cable.
I might try that and see if I get better ping?? Thanks for your reply!;)
Gary!
PS Some times my Ping is better. I think it's my ISP!! I might give them a shout and a bad time. LOL

Is that the TP-Link router?

We pay $119 for a month, Not sure what the speeds are supposed to be or if we even get a promised speed, I'll get on the live chat or phone and hassle em, they love me. Weirdly enough if I run a test to the server in my capital city the results are worse than if I select the server in the capital city the next state over.

4520591555.png

4520595883.png

You pay 119 for those speeds? Ouch!

I am paying 55/month for Charter and am on their lowest speed rung. 60Mbps is plenty for now.

I bought my own model a few years ago, a Motorola Surfboard SB6141. I have wondered if I upgraded to a SB6183 if my speeds would increase like they did when I moved from the Charter-provided Surfboard to my own.

Is that the TP-Link router?
Sorry friend! Not sure what that means! I have just one router. It is a combination modem router. Staples list it at 230$. I got it for 130$ because the first one they sold me was a lemon. I'm not good about hardware. I do know software fairly well!!

Back
Top Bottom