Blue screening - i need help please

How could I test the harddrive?

It only started last night, did it about 2 hours later then today it's done it a good 8+ times but hasn't done it for the past 1.5 - 2hrs

Also would the blue screenings relate to my disk being at 100% (on task manager)? I've never noticed it to be 100%, is this unusual?

Last edited:
ok. So if it happens again, it will soon come. Wait and see if it does it again.
If it does, system restore.

If you want to scan ram and harddrive, i know of a good tool kit you can download.
It's called Ultimate Boot CD
It's easy to install on a CD, but if you want to use a USB it requires you to make it bootable. It's not difficult, but if you have a cd to spare, use that. That way you also don't need to enter the boot manager or BIOS to boot from USB.

But let's just wait and see for now

Last edited:
About the harddrive being at 100%
You see that quite often on slow physical rotating harddrives. (HDD's. I prefer SSD's)
The slowest part of your computer would be your harddrive, so in order to keep up, it's often at 100%.
But it should not be 100% if the computer is idle.

About the harddrive being at 100%
You see that quite often on slow physical rotating harddrives. (HDD's. I prefer SSD's)
The slowest part of your computer would be your harddrive, so in order to keep up, it's often at 100%.
But it should not be 100% if the computer is idle.

Oh that's fine then thanks for the help man I'll let you know if it happens again :)

Didn't know of that software.
I'll keep that in mind.
Hi BikerEcho! Who Crashed doesn't have all the answers, but it can be a big help and give you a place to start. BSOD's are not easy to solve. My first suggestion after checking for heat related issues is to down load the latest graphics up date driver. It's amazing how many times that is the answer. A must IMHO is also to make sure you're malware free. That's always a big player in BSOD. Please do me a big favor and just check your reliability monitor to see if there is a clue there. It really is a great tool!:whistling:Reliability Monitor is the Best Windows Troubleshooting Tool You Aren't Using

Yeah they are not always easy.
I have fixed my share BSOD's, but it's not always i end up fixing it without a reinstall.
This software will give me an extra analyzing attempt before i give up and do a reinstall.

And i didn't know that feature ether. You are giving me some good input. Thanks.
How come i didn't know that. The article also said (Troubleshooting Tool You Aren't Using) so i imagine that i am far from the only one who didn't know of it.
It's a very nice and organized list of software and system crashes. I like it.

Hi Don't feel bad about the reliability monitor. There are a lot of users that don't know about it. There are also a lot of PC users who think it's worthless. It's just another tool that might help. I personally like it a lot. As far as Who Crashed; I don't have a lot of experience, but it's another tool before restoring to factory.
Here's another tool to check out when all else fails!! Use this with caution.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff545448%28VS.85%29.aspx

Hey Biker, my pc was going fine for a good amount of time maybe 6 or so hours without a BSOD crash but in the past hour it must have done it whilst I was making some food as i came back and it was at the select user screen. I still have no idea what is causing is there anyway you can explain to me how to scan the harddrive/ram for errors please?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom