Blue screening - i need help please

LLattun

Solid State Member
Over the past 24 hours my PC has decided to start blue screening a fair few times (Medion Akoya E4080 D, I know it's shit etc etc but it's been fine for my use for the past 2 years having no problems up until now). I've looked on the Internet but as I'm not much of a of pc guy I don't really know what I need to do. I seem to get a different error code each time such as 'System service exciption' 'unexpected kernel mode trap' and 'PFN list corrupt' I'm currently on Windows's 8.1.

If anyone has any ideas or fixes for me they'll be greatly appreciated, if this is posted on the wrong thread my apologies.

Can you give us the error code?

Check the CPU temperature with real temp and run ccleaner.
Might fix it.

ohh yeah, that's right. Windows doesn't give you that anymore after Windows 8.

Have you checked the temps and run that program?

Yeah Temps seem fine and look normal.

I've ran ccleaner but I guess I won't know if it's done anything until/if it blue screens again, right?

yeah. We will see.
If it does it again, i'll recommend scanning the RAM for errors.
It's the most likely hardware to fail.

you have to download a software like memtest and put it on ether a USB drive or CD/DVD.
Then you will boot up the program instead of windows. If it have just 1 error, you are gonna need new RAM. luckily they are not that expensive.

Okay thanks for the help dude, I'll have a look at that later on I think.

It'll suck if I do end up having to get new ram cause the ram I currently have is maybe only a month old

Then i don't think it's that. And if it is, it's still under warranty. (that is if you still have proof of purchase and the box)

But let's first see if this helps. Most likely it's software, it's just nice to be sure if it's the ram or not. (It could also easily be the harddrive btw. That is also easily tested)

When did it start doing this?
If it isn't too long ago, you could try a system restore.
This will reset the system settings, registry and drivers states to the point in time you choose. The computer automatically makes restore points when new software are installed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom