Disable this.

hello

well Google Chrome has the Adobe Flash Player built in to it like Internet Explorer 11 so the only way to update the Adobe Flash Player in Google Chrome is to update Google Chrome

there is no separate download to install Adobe Flash Player in to Google Chrome

Adobe Security Bulletin

Security Advisory for Adobe Flash Player

Release date: July 10, 2015

Last Updated: July 14, 2015

Vulnerability identifier: APSA15-04

CVE number: CVE-2015-5122, CVE-2015-5123

Platform: Windows, Macintosh and Linux
Summary

Critical vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-5122, CVE-2015-5123) have been identified in Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.204 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh and Linux. Successful exploitation could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.

Adobe is aware of reports that exploits targeting these vulnerabilities have been published publicly. Adobe expects to make updates available during the week of July 12, 2015.

UPDATE (July 14): Adobe recommends users update their product installations to the latest versions using the instructions provided in the "Solution" section in Security Bulletin APSB15-18.
Affected software versions

Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.203 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.204 and earlier versions for Linux installed with Google Chrome
Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release version 13.0.0.302 and earlier 13.x versions for Windows and Macintosh
Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release version 11.2.202.481 and earlier 11.x versions for Linux

To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu. If you use multiple browsers, perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system.

Severity ratings

Adobe categorizes these issues as critical vulnerabilities

hxxps://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsa15-04.html

:)

James

p.s. i tryed to post this before and it said it was waiting a Admin. to approve so i put xx in place of the tt in the link

that was a few hours ago

I did that. Uninstalled Google Chrome then reinstalled. Why do I need Google Chrome when I do not even use that browser.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

well uninstall it then one less thing to worry about

Google Chrome gets added to the install of software just like everything else
(PUP"S)

we have to watch how software installs and uncheck unwanted programs

James

on a side note

i think it is a good idea to have 2 web browsers

if one is taken over by malware then you have a chance with the second one to get help

i'v see where the infected web browser can not download nothing and block you from going to web sites for help

a portable web browser would do great for this (no install nothing can find it)

James

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

about the Adobe Flash Player

since most web sites use HTML5 now you can disable the Adobe Flash Player and only use it when you have to

it's just safer that way now

James

i understand

Emsisoft Emergency Kit is good but watch out for false positive's i have it on my system i just do not scan with it much

right now i'm using

realtime

Windows Defender (AV built in to Win 8/8.1)
GlassWire's firewall software

on-demand

Hitman Pro
Malwarebytes pro
Zemana AntiMalware beta

Firefox with Adblock Plus,Bitdefender TrafficLight

i'm a safe surfer and if i think it's risky i will use Sandboxie and Sandbox my Web Browser

so with Windows Defender it's like i have no Antivirus protection at all it's just that good lol

thats why i use Second Opinion Malware Scanners

would i tell anyone to use what i use

no

why?

because i know my computer very well

and i watch what and where i download and/or whats in the download (PUP"S)

i'v not been infected in over 6 or 7 years (knock wood)

but i can not say if i'v been lucky or it's just the way i do things on the internet

i like to think it's a little of both lol

James

(paranoia, they destroy ya) Destroyer - the Kinks

well uninstall it then one less thing to worry about

Google Chrome gets added to the install of software just like everything else
(PUP"S)

we have to watch how software installs and uncheck unwanted programs

James

Even though I do closely on boxes to be unchecked. I still downloaded and installed Unchecky.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Hi OneMarkcilV. Is you computer performing any better?? I suggest running JRT if you're still having problems!!
Junkware Removal Tool Download

The computer is fine. Boots up in 15 Seconds. Never was slow it was the thingies about Adobe which is fixed with the new version of Avant Browser. Now I can delete Google Chrome.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

I as well have been luck. My desktop computer has Windows XP and always will because the menues and file folders are much easier to ,are sense of. Wi downs 7 is a joke. Windows 8.1 is OK because of the Start screen but, the menues and file folders are still undesirable on Windows 8.1.

Back
Top Bottom