Disable this.

hello

well Google Chrome has the Adobe Flash Player built in to it like Internet Explorer 11 so the only way to update the Adobe Flash Player in Google Chrome is to update Google Chrome

there is no separate download to install Adobe Flash Player in to Google Chrome

Adobe Security Bulletin

Security Advisory for Adobe Flash Player

Release date: July 10, 2015

Last Updated: July 14, 2015

Vulnerability identifier: APSA15-04

CVE number: CVE-2015-5122, CVE-2015-5123

Platform: Windows, Macintosh and Linux
Summary

Critical vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-5122, CVE-2015-5123) have been identified in Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.204 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh and Linux. Successful exploitation could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.

Adobe is aware of reports that exploits targeting these vulnerabilities have been published publicly. Adobe expects to make updates available during the week of July 12, 2015.

UPDATE (July 14): Adobe recommends users update their product installations to the latest versions using the instructions provided in the "Solution" section in Security Bulletin APSB15-18.
Affected software versions

Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.203 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.204 and earlier versions for Linux installed with Google Chrome
Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release version 13.0.0.302 and earlier 13.x versions for Windows and Macintosh
Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release version 11.2.202.481 and earlier 11.x versions for Linux

To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu. If you use multiple browsers, perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system.

Severity ratings

Adobe categorizes these issues as critical vulnerabilities

hxxps://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsa15-04.html

:)

James

p.s. i tryed to post this before and it said it was waiting a Admin. to approve so i put xx in place of the tt in the link

that was a few hours ago

Open Candy is used by some legit software in the installer module. It's harmless. False hit.

Open Candy is used by some legit software in the installer module. It's harmless. False hit.

Just to back this up.

OpenCandy from SweetLabs, a company based in San Diego, is an advertising software module consisting of a Microsoft Windows library that can be incorporated in a Windows Installer. When a user installs an application that has the OpenCandy library, there is an option to install additional software that it recommends (based on a scan of the user's system and geolocation). - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCandy

p.s. i tryed to post this before and it said it was waiting a Admin. to approve so i put xx in place of the tt in the link

that was a few hours ago
Hi Jim after you have 25 posts, there won't be a waiting period. This is a safety net for spammers. I went through that also. Keep posting Buddie. You're doing great!!

Hi! Any program that installs PUP's on my PC; IMHO is not harmless. I'm tried of this money making xxxx by these companies. I don't want some installer installing some thing I don't want period!!!!
The software was originally developed for the DivX installation, by CEO Darrius Thompson. When installing DivX, the user was prompted to optionally install the Yahoo! Toolbar. DivX received $15.7 million during the first nine months of 2008 from Yahoo and other software developers, after 250 million downloads.[2]
Chester Ng, the former DivX business development director, is chief business officer and Mark Chweh, former DivX engineering director, is chief technology officer.[2]
OpenCandy has attracted criticism because of privacy concerns.[3] Past versions of OpenCandy were considered adware by Microsoft Security Essentials as they "may send user-specific information ... without obtaining adequate user consent".[4] OpenCandy has claimed that this is because another company used OpenCandy without the formal warning in their EULA.[5]

ok i see where Open Candy came in to this

i can see Open Candy in the log

Browser plugin bundled with IObit Uninstaller {10921475-03CE-4E04-90CE-E2E7EF20C814}

but Pokki's Start Menu is by SweetLabs Inc.

the same makers of Open Candy

Aspects of Pokki's software act as malware
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokki

Controversial Advertising Program Now Being Embedded in More Software
Controversial Advertising Program Now Being Embedded in More Software | Gizmo's Freeware

Harmless Advertising or a New Form of Spyware

Now to some readers all this may sound harmless enough but there is more to it:

The recommendations made by OC are partly based on the products you already have installed on your PC. OpenCandy determines this by secretly scanning your PC without ever asking your permission.While you can elect not to download any of the programs suggested by OC you cannot opt out from installing OC itself; it is fully embedded in the installation process. The situation is made worse by the fact that some software vendors don't even mention in their End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) that OC is included as part of the installation process for their product.

If you accept any of the software recommendations made by OC then not only will that software be downloaded and installed but OC will also permanently install itself on your PC as well.

Regardless of whether you accept or reject OC's software recommendations OC will transmit information about your PC back to the OpenCandy Corporation.

Some anti-malware programs including Microsoft Security Essentials flag some products containing OpenCandy as adware.

The makers of OpenCandy have published some credible counter-arguments. They claim:

Many installers from reputable companies scan your PC during the installation process to check for old versions, the existence of essential components and more.

They also claim that OC installs nothing permanently on your computer should you choose not to accept any OC download recommendations.

They state that any data about your PC sent back to OC is the kind of general information collected when you visit a website and contains no personally identifiable information.

They also put forward an argument that OC is not adware as it does not conform with the Wikipedia definition of adware as programs that display ads during program operation or usage. Using definitions to deflect the argument is ridiculous. OpenCandy is without doubt adware. Yes, it displays ads during product installation rather than product operation but the effect is the same. To claim otherwise is fatuous.

But there is nothing particularly wrong with adware. Many reputable products like the free version of Avira AntiVir and AVG Antivirus are adware. The product ads are the price that many users are prepared to accept in order to get the product for free.

Is OC spyware? There is little evidence to suggest this rather it seems to be just another form of adware. However it does worry us that the distribution model OC uses could potentially be used to turn the product into spyware.

In fact that's the aspect of OpenCandy we find most disturbing. With the product now installed on a huge number of computers the current or future owners of the product could be tempted at some time in the future to more aggressively utilize the huge installed base. Can the OpenCandy Corporation or its successor be trusted not to exploit this opportunity? Will a hacker break into their system and create a huge botnet? Who knows; nobody can know but the possibility itself is disquieting.

nothing that i would want on my computer

but hay if it is for you who am i to stop you

all i can do is try to give the best info i can but it is up to you in the end

James

ok i see where Open Candy came in to this

i can see Open Candy in the log

Browser plugin bundled with IObit Uninstaller {10921475-03CE-4E04-90CE-E2E7EF20C814}

but Pokki's Start Menu is by SweetLabs Inc.

the same makers of Open Candy

Aspects of Pokki's software act as malware
hxxps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokki

Controversial Advertising Program Now Being Embedded in More Software
hxxp://www.techsupportalert.com/content/controversial-advertising-program-now-being-embedded-more-software.htm

Harmless Advertising or a New Form of Spyware

Now to some readers all this may sound harmless enough but there is more to it:

The recommendations made by OC are partly based on the products you already have installed on your PC. OpenCandy determines this by secretly scanning your PC without ever asking your permission.

While you can elect not to download any of the programs suggested by OC you cannot opt out from installing OC itself; it is fully embedded in the installation process. The situation is made worse by the fact that some software vendors don't even mention in their End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) that OC is included as part of the installation process for their product.

If you accept any of the software recommendations made by OC then not only will that software be downloaded and installed but OC will also permanently install itself on your PC as well.

Regardless of whether you accept or reject OC's software recommendations OC will transmit information about your PC back to the OpenCandy Corporation.

Some anti-malware programs including Microsoft Security Essentials flag some products containing OpenCandy as adware.

The makers of OpenCandy have published some credible counter-arguments. They claim:

Many installers from reputable companies scan your PC during the installation process to check for old versions, the existence of essential components and more.

They also claim that OC installs nothing permanently on your computer should you choose not to accept any OC download recommendations.
They state that any data about your PC sent back to OC is the kind of general information collected when you visit a website and contains no personally identifiable information.

They also put forward an argument that OC is not adware as it does not conform with the Wikipedia definition of adware as programs that display ads during program operation or usage. Using definitions to deflect the argument is ridiculous. OpenCandy is without doubt adware. Yes, it displays ads during product installation rather than product operation but the effect is the same. To claim otherwise is fatuous.

But there is nothing particularly wrong with adware. Many reputable products like the free version of Avira AntiVir and AVG Antivirus are adware. The product ads are the price that many users are prepared to accept in order to get the product for free.

Is OC spyware? There is little evidence to suggest this rather it seems to be just another form of adware. However it does worry us that the distribution model OC uses could potentially be used to turn the product into spyware.

In fact that's the aspect of OpenCandy we find most disturbing. With the product now installed on a huge number of computers the current or future owners of the product could be tempted at some time in the future to more aggressively utilize the huge installed base. Can the OpenCandy Corporation or its successor be trusted not to exploit this opportunity? Will a hacker break into their system and create a huge botnet? Who knows; nobody can know but the possibility itself is disquieting.

nothing that i would want on my computer

but hay if it is for you who am i to stop you

all i can do is try to give the best info i can but it is up to you in the end

James

As Paul Harvey use to say "And now you know the rest of the story"
Nice reply my friend. I agree with you 100%. Open Candy is not some thing I want on my PC
Thanks James!!

Back
Top Bottom