Random Chit Chat

Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to a SSD. You can nab a 240-256GB for less than a Benjamin of late. I saw a 480GB for just under 140 the other day.

To be honest this laptop is a regretful purchase. At this point I won't be upgrading to Windows 10 because of driver issues. You see the laptop has switchable graphics, an Intel HD Graphics & ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 that are switchable and AMD no longer supports switchable graphics and the drivers break it and cause bootloops so I am stuck on the drivers provided by HP which don't work with Windows 8/8.1 or 10 only Windows 7 and the new versions of Catalyst Control Center don't allow the option to use one GPU or the other all the time. There is a site called Leshcatlabs leshcatlabs.net - Keeping it Simple. Ads free. which are a group of people that develop drivers to support switchable graphics where AMD doesn't. There has been a thread created on the Microsoft Answers Forum calling for them to work with AMD to get working drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ted-0625/5d8dea79-194d-4f42-a0a6-8eb3893175ab.

I think I'm in a similar boat to you BK in terms of drivers, though hopefully the Windows 8 drivers will work on Windows 10 for mine...

I bought a laptop with Geforce 825M graphics (yeah, not a typo!), and I have no idea which card it's really based on, Nvidia don't officially support it, and the company (Medion) haven't released a new driver for aaaaages. I'm hoping the drivers for the 820 or 830 work, but it might need a few settings to be changed to force it on...

I had 2 club sandwiches and a double order of chili cheese fries from the café here yesterday. I got back on my meds Monday and my appetite is out of control.
I didn't eat that in one sitting but I did polish off both sandwiches in one whack. The fries came around later last night. I feel much better now. It'll take another couple of weeks to get back on track with the meds. I was off them for 6 weeks. If my doctor finds out he's gonna shoot me.

Of course you are. :lol:

I've seen all kinds of case with the doodads and lights so why not the motherboard? Adds more bling to it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom