Relaying a nightmare...

Sorry to hear about your son Donetao. No parent should ever experience outliving their children. My wife and I lost our 1 month old baby daughter back in 1989 and it still hurts when I think of her.

I have had occasional nightmares my entire life but nothing particularly memorable. I'm sure everyone has experienced a dream where your falling and just when you are about to hit the ground, you wake up.

Last edited:
Ever been in close quarters combat? Did your life depend on your skills? Ever kill anybody with your bare hands? I have. Nam and other places I still can't talk about.
I dream of those times with regularity. I'd gladly trade all of your worse nightmares for one of mine.

Wow donetao I'm sorry for your son, that's too young. May he rest in peace.
Thanks friend. It was a accident. Kyle was drinking and fell from a balcony in a apartment complex. Fell on cement and never gained conscious. Lived for 14 days which was pure Hell for me thinking he might recover, but it wasn't meant to be. They said he would be just a vegetable. I said pull the plug. I know that's what Kyle would have wanted. I have lost several loved ones to early. My sister and my father were only in their early 40ths. Life can be very unkind to the living some times.
Thank you friend for your kind words!!;)

Ever been in close quarters combat? Did your life depend on your skills? Ever kill anybody with your bare hands? I have. Nam and other places I still can't talk about.
I dream of those times with regularity. I'd gladly trade all of your worse nightmares for one of mine.
Thankfully, no, I never saw combat. Spent most of my time in the military stateside except for 13 months in Korea. Not to mention that with my MOS, I was a REMF (I'll bet setishock knows what those acronyms stand for, not sure of how many others might).

Nothing compared to your experiences, and I thank god that I have not. Still, I have several members of the family that do, and that is why I thank you for what you did. Not because it helped anything, but because I respect you for what you did.

Hi strollin. I know REMF. I never saw combat either. Nam was Hell. I missed that.
USAF 1958-1962. War is Hell and it looks like some of our politicians want to start one with Iran. Some have seen war up close like you setishock and are not ready for more wars. If more of our politicians seen what you saw my friend, they would find a better way. I sorry if this thread has brought up bad memories for you.
Thanks for your service.

In 68 I reported to the draft and was disqualified because of my hearing impairment. A lot of my friends went to Nam and a lot didn't come back. Those that did were messed up. I have depression because of that nasty war and I'm messed up as much as they were. I lost a lot of friends.

Strollin, it hurts me to hear about your 1 month old child. May she rest in peace. I had a friend who lost a child soon after birth.

Also my friend lost 4 kids from a massacre. A coked up ass hat who was a former boyfriend of one of the kids. May they rest in peace.

Last edited:
Do you worry about tornadoes much? That dream could be of overthinking it. Don't make it worry you, and try your best to be prepared for tornadoes, ignoring the details the dreams had. By that I mean to not consider them predictions, but take accidents in the dreams as generic accident's that could happen as any others and be prepared for it as possible.

I had many dreams that made my cry like a baby and woke me up crying hard too. Here, have a look at a thread I started about it:
http://www.computerforums.org/forum...dreams-psychology-your-experience-224520.html

Sorry to hear about your losses, I recently lost a friend in the Tunisian massacre, and since then, pretty much all of my dreams have either had him in, or some sort of shooting, these things affect you much more deeply than it often first appears...

Back
Top Bottom