Thank you AT&T and LG

setishock

Wizard of Wires
The internet went out here when we got hacked. I also found out some of the hardware is in the attics and with very little air flow, and the cases are melting.

Well I'm happy to say that's all taken care of. The access points that are really routers, are getting royal workouts since last night. I'm doing my share trust me. Getting caught up on updates and upgrades on most of the software I use. No windows 10 as of yet. No rush there.

BUT

If not for a real odd set of circumstances that happened several months ago, I would not have been able to get online.
I was given a LG V410 tablet as a thank you gift from AT&T for getting Uverse for the guests at the hotel in Mississippi. I really didn't want it but they said to take it anyway. It came with a 4GB data plan that costs 40 a month. I didn't use it then as the internet worked just fine up there.

Another BUT

When I got back here the internet crapped out and was out for a while. I was looking for a hotspot with a reasonable data plan to use in the mean time. No joy there. I finally got on the front lobby computer and found out the LG V410 has a AT&T hot spot app. I raped that measly 4GB pretty quick. I called to pay the bill and jacked the plan up to 6GB for an extra 10 dollars.

I was able to slip on and check the forums and the weather and barely use any of the plan. But in 2 weeks it started to fuss at me that I was going to go over the 6GB. Had to slow down some. Monday I took the tablet to the café and discovered I could get on the bar router. They have a separate router for the internet juke boxes. I was floored that I could pick it up in my room.

I got to thinking maybe my wifi card was having problems. It wasn't a hardware issue but a seriously out of date driver. The current driver and the utility software later and here I am.
They got the internet going again and I took care of things on my end.

Bottom line is if I had not taken the tablet and kept up the data plan even though I didn't needs it, I would not have been able to get online.
So thanks AT&T and thanks to the great little tablet LG makes.

Glad it worked out. I would just use my phone since it is a phablet (5.5"), but it is so much sweeter when serendipity steps in, eh?

It seems that AT&T loves giving away that exact tablet with other services. Cynthia got one months ago because her dad bought a new phone, and they threw it in for a few dollars extra. Thats not the kind of deal that you pass up when your daughter is standing right next to you lol

Glad that everything worked out for you friend. :)

Back
Top Bottom