How many have found these tools in CCleaner??

donetao

Banned
How many of you have found the CCleaner tools?? CCleaner is one of the most down loaded freeware and recommended on every help forum. I don't recommend the registry cleaner feature,but the rest of the features seem good to use. Have you checked out these tools?? Never hurts to create a restore point before using any tool.;) The start up tool is a great tool to use.
PS Forum is getting boring. Thought I would start a new thread!:D:hide:
Be very careful with the duplicate files. Some times they are needed in more than one place.

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture49.jpg
    Capture49.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture50.jpg
    Capture50.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture51.jpg
    Capture51.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have a lot of AMD duplicates. I ain't going to mess with my graphics,but it's fun to see how many dups you have. This PDF was created by Faststone Capture. A nice little freeware program to have in your arsenal.;)
PS You may need Adobe reader to open this attachment:cool:
Word of advise."Don't mess with dll files" They can be shared by several programs. That's what the big boys tell me and they usually know.

Attachments

• ScreenShot00003.pdf
    356.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've been using ccleaner since before the name change when it was called crap cleaner.
I use the browser cleaner and the reg cleaner. Works great and no ill effects. As for the rest you do know the uninstall is built in to windows and all cc is doing is calling for it. Same for startup that's located in msconfig. As for dup files, it's best not to run that on the C drive. On other drives say if you're looking for multiples of photos you have saved.
As for the rest as with any program that could do some damage, proceed with caution. If you don't know what going to happen create a restore point. Even if you do, it wouldn't hurt to make one anyway.

I too use the browser and reg cleaners, Does a great job. I'll always disable the drive wiping tools as that sometimes takes longer.

Thanks for your replies guys! I'll have to admit I use the reg cleaner also. It has a bad reputation, but it has never caused me any grief and I have been using the reg cleaner from day one. I keep hearing all the horror stores about it bricking a PC, but I really don't believe all those rumors. I don't think CCleaner would put a feature like reg cleaner in their program that would brick your PC. You can create a back up if you think you need to.
I agree with setishock. When ever you use these kind a tools there is always a chance you will cause damage, so proceed with caution. You need to know what you're doing when you start deleting duplicate files. I really messed up my PC one time deleting dups. Thank fully I always have a back up image. There really isn't much that scares me.
I will have to disagree a little with you setishock. msconfig was not designed to disable start ups. msconfig is for trouble shooting. IHMO it is much better to disable start ups with CCleaner. I never use the wiping tool because I might want to use Recuva to recover deleted files. Not really!!
PS Restore points are great, but they are not as good as a back up image IHHO.
Here's a program by MBAM that will help a little with start ups. I have very few start ups. Just security mostly.
https://www.malwarebytes.org/startuplite/
Thanks for your replies guys!!

I disable startups with msconfig, it's a configuration tool so I use it as such, some services seem to linger after a program has been uninstalled as well so I tend to prevent some services starting up too.

I can name a few tools that rival ccleaner, but why do that when we know how good this is. Btw, never run multiple reg cleaners and multiple defraggers thinking that more is better. They rarely agree.

Hi! All the big dogs on help forums recommend Autoruns for disabling start -ups.
I really don't know if it's the best way, but I use it. Autoruns also has other cool features, but know what you're doing before using the program. Just like setishoch says use these tools with caution and have a way to undue things you change.
As I have stated many times, a back up image of your OS is your best friend. It can get you out of all the dumb things you do. I would never survive with out my Macrium Reflect!!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 0
I have been using Ccleaner for a long time too...it's great for cleaning up junk on the computer. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom