Hi! I'm donetao!

I only dualbooted initially because I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 and couldn't be bothered to backup my data lol! I then installed Ubuntu, then Windows 8, so it's kind of a quad boot at the moment... woops.

Interesting idea donetao, the guide itself could be simple to write for one operating system and one tool, but there are lots of different Virtual Machines software available (VMWare, Microsoft Virtual PC, VirtualBox etc), and all sorts of potential issues installing outdated (or too modern) operating systems on PCs that don't support it or need BIOS settings changing... it could turn into a beast of a guide... I feel sorry for the person who writes it lol!

I personally haven't setup a dual boot system in many years. Once I started using VMs more than a dozen years ago, I see no point to dual booting. Besides, with dual booting I can only run one OS at a time, with VMs, I can run multiple OSes at the same time as long as I have the RAM and CPU power to support them.

On my i7 laptop with 12GB of RAM, I can easily have Win 8.1, Win 7 Ultimate and Win 10 Pro all running at the same time.

Same for me. If I wanted to run Ubuntu I could find me ISO file and load up VMWare Workstation and away I go. I've even got a few CentOS 6 & 7 VM's I've mucked around with. Also VM's are a lot safer in my opinion, If anything goes wrong you can revert to snapshot you've taken or blow the VM away and start again.

Hey guys! I'm always thinking how to make the forum more interesting for our visitors.
Why not start a thread about "How to set up a VM"
I'll read it and might even try it!! You could include every thing you have on your PC and how to use all those things. I'm a simple man, but I'm sure there are plenty of interested users here that would be interested in VM's
Just a old man thinking out loud again!! LOL

I'd be interested/happy to come up with a guide/howto.

Same, I would be happy to contribute.
I remember a time when doing somthing like running a VM was still Syfi to me. Ah, the child like joy of being able to run a computer inside of a computer. Fond memories! :rolleyes: (Probably child like joy because I was a child but still...)
Oh, and making the first website... just throwing all the code I could into one page not caring what it looked like. Kid in a candy store.
Must..stop....rambling!!! :angel::lol:

Welcome aboard donetao (better late than never). :)

So y'all are lap toppers? Poor me stuck with a monster cube computer. :D

I built my own computers and this one is my i5 system with Win 7. I have an i3 system in the closet for back up.

Thanks for the welcome Celery! I have been looking around the forum and I think I'm hogging the forum. I feel like a have a lot of good things I want to share before I forget them.
But it may be time for me to back off a little, while I'm still welcome here. I have so many things running around in my pee brain. I know that I'm to windy, to friendly and can be a bit of a pest at times. I really want this forum to grow and succeed. I'm just a old country boy that loves people and passing forward things I remember. I can get carried away however and wear out my welcome. I wish we had more issues from members that we could help them with and suggest advise for their problems. I guess that will come as the forum grows and more people learn about the forum.
Most of my threads are aimed at visitors and I hope they will read and like and join the forum. The old dogs here know all these things already, but are always welcome on my threads to add to or correct. I want to make the forum interesting and a place to learn. Janet and Andy seem like good people and I want them to have success.
that's my story and I'm sticking with it. LOL

Welcome, Donetao!

Glad to have you on the forum. Not been on here long either, but it's nice to see how this forum is growing with new members and how we can all learn from our mistakes from each other.

Wishing you all the best on here, and once again, welcome to ComputerForums.ORG

Hi! calvearn95! Glad to have you on the forum also!!
Yes I think the forum is growing and yes we all make mistakes. We definitely can learn from each other. Wishing you all the best also and welcome aboard!!

Welcome aboard donetao (better late than never). :)

So y'all are lap toppers? Poor me stuck with a monster cube computer. :D

I built my own computers and this one is my i5 system with Win 7. I have an i3 system in the closet for back up.
Luv UR Cube!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom