I spent all my bullets!!

Hi! Yes Sudden Link is often the problem and you have to get in there face some times.
They did schedule a appointment; but once I found my lap top would connect, I cancelled the appointment. Sudden Link has replaced the modem for me before and fixed the problem. No I did not try a sfc scan after factory restore. After six hours, I was exhausted. That would have been a good idea to do that and Ill remember that tip next time. I have tried to read those logs, but they really don't make a lot of sense. If the senior would have had a restore disc, I would have tried a repair install.
She couldn't find any discs. I was getting pop-ups about dll files. Sorry some times my computer vocabulary isn't very good. In my mind the only answer was back to factory. That may have been a bad decision on my part. When I can't get a clean sfc scan, I panic. I agree that the problem is hardware related. I think it's the network adapter. but it sure acted different then any thing I've seen. The dang PC should have connected to the net. OH well, that's the way of computer life. Win some lose some. I lost this time, but I'll Get-er-Done next time.
Thanks everyone. You have been great help and I have learned a lot.
I appreciate each one of you!
donetao

You're welcome. :)

You know, it would indicate software problems such as you were describing but faulty hardware can cause software problems that it gets confusing to troubleshoot.

You're welcome. :)

You know, it would indicate software problems such as you were describing but faulty hardware can cause software problems that it gets confusing to troubleshoot.
I stay confused most of the time any more. I really hate computers,but what else would I do with all my spare time. I'm betting its the network adapter. The senior just called me and said around 80$ plus parts. I told her that sounded fair to me. PC repairmen have to make a living. The PC was acting to good to be a serious problem. The sfc scan worried me. OH well I gave it my best shot and I never charge more that a coffee or a cookie and a hug!!:whistling:
Thanks everyone!!;)
To friendly. To windy. To much information. That's me. I guess I'm to old to change my habits.:facepalm:

Been there myself. I get injections in my neck, shoulders and lower back. I have chronic pains as well so I take Vicodin. I'm a retired mechanic so you can guess where all these aches and pains come from. A lifetime of heavy lifting but I can't complain, I loved my job.

It looks like a lot of us around here are dammaged. I dont complain about my back anymore, but that is because its hard to get doctors to trust you these days, and I did not like what they had me on anyway. Muscle relaxors and vicoden. Bad mix as far as I am conserned. I hope you both feel better, and I am glad to see that the problem was solved.

The Vicodin I take is the smallest, 5/325 and just barely enough to take the edge off. I don't want any more than that. The injections are what the most beneficial, they control the trigger points, very painful stuff.

Nice. They had me on 10/325 along with a relaxer that I cannot remember the name of. Combine that with anxity meds (Valum also 10) and you get a mix that your body doesnt even want to think about lol I guess its great for people whom want to get high and sit around all night, but I only want to do that with weed, and at a given choice. I would rather be in pain than deal with a script that I want nothing to do with and costs more money than I have XD

They have also given me 5/500.. that just doesnt work. If I wanted 500 mgs of tylonal, then I would buy it.

Last edited:
Hi Guys! Update! I'm still waiting on the senior to call me. I'm fairly sure that the network adapter was bad. I feel bad about losing her data. She said it wasn't important and agreed for me to restore back to factory. I'm just really hacked that back to factory didn't fix the problem. I wish I could have done a repair install instead. No internet and no restore disk made that hard to do. When the sfc scan said it couldn't repair the files, that really bugged me and back to factory was the only thing that came to my mind. I'm going to talk to her about making back up images so this problem doesn't happen again. If you have any advise for me, please lay it on me. I'm always ready to listen and learn.
donetao!

Back
Top Bottom