Random Chit Chat

Wow! That's a bummer. Have you checked it out with seatools dos??
I've never lost a hard drive. Do you have data you need to recover??:)

Not yet, I plugged it into an USB enclosure into another computer and Windows wouldn't pick it up. Only the enclosure was detected and installed.

I'm hoping you have a back up image of your OS. It would be a piece of cake if you have a image on a external drive. Starting from out of the box is not some thing I enjoy doing. I haven't done that in a long time.

Nah Windows has just done installing, Now I am installing drivers and programs. The longest will be Windows updates. I am using a 500GB but will look to get a new 1TB drive or a new laptop. I didn't have anything important, Only music and videos which I've backed up in the last few days and I don't have any or many photos stored on it. I can re-download my games.

OK ! Good for you. I can install W7 on a brand new HDD and it will be exactly like the day I created the image. I really don't have any thing important on my PC, but I do have a couple of paid programs and several free programs. I really hate the windows up dates and down loading all my programs. It's nice to have a clean PC, but IMHO it's just not worth all the trouble. Why go through all that when I can be back up and running with all my programs and up dates in 30 minutes??

I guess folks have their way of doing things. I have an image of my C: drive but it's pretty outdated. I used Windows Disk Management to do it.

A good reason to reinstall Windows is to leave out the programs not used anymore. I always remove my programs but they always leave some files behind.

Hey Celery! A clean install can be nice some times. I've been there and done that. It's not that much fun any more. When I uninstall a program I don't want any more, there will be very little left behind. I use Search Everything to find the left behind files and regedit to find the registry items left behind. I keep a clean ship and always have a recent image of my OS. The days for restoring to factory just aren't in my schedule these days. I hate all the up dates and reinstalling my Apps. and finding my Keys to my paid programs!
I guarantee once you learn to use a 3rd party image program like Macrium Reflect; restoring back to factory will be some thing in your past and you won't even consider it!
But I agree. Every one has there way of doing things and it's very hard to change them. It's very hard to teach a old dog new tricks. I keep trying!!

The fan is running? Like, a metal fan is running after a metal singer?

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

I replaced some electrical wall sockets (if I get the name right) at home. Got myself electrocuted a couple of time.

How many Saudis does it take to change an electrical wall socket (outlet?!?!) ?
Thinking about the number of shocks that I have had... Guess thats why we are all messed up in the head. :rofl:
In all serious though, I am glad that you are ok, and that the only bad thing to remember is pain. That goes away.

I am using a 500GB but will look to get a new 1TB drive or a new laptop.

Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to a SSD. You can nab a 240-256GB for less than a Benjamin of late. I saw a 480GB for just under 140 the other day.

Back
Top Bottom