This is what I have for diasters!

Hi I have a USB flash with back to factory and My Toshiba also has the hidden partition.
Fresh starts are OK once in awhile. I wish I had a retail disc. I messed around and now it's to late to burn the W7 ISO file. OH well I really don't need it. I just don't understand Microso$$t reasons for not letting us copy a ISO file???

I wouldn't officially encourage anything, I'm sure people are known to get .iso files from friends or a peer2peer system. Again, peer2peer for certain files can be illegal, so I would definitely not encourage that activity. :thumb:

Microsoft used to provide the .iso files for free, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if you found one... :D

I wouldn't officially encourage anything, I'm sure people are known to get .iso files from friends or a peer2peer system. Again, peer2peer for certain files can be illegal, so I would definitely not encourage that activity. :thumb:
As far as I know; and I could be wrong, as long as you have a legit Windows Key,there isn't any thing illegal about using a friends disc. I never said any thing about P2P files. I would never encourage that activity. There was nothing illegal with Digital Rivers ISO files. I have no idea why they no longer provide Windows ISO files. I tried to get one from Microsoft, but finally gave up.

Windows 10 is just around the corner. What would you do to encourage using the new OS? You'd restrict being able to get copies of the previous OS. That's why I have two win 7 DVD's. One is home premium, the other is pro. Both are MS DVD's from Office Depot. So if push comes to shove, I'm covered.

Hi Setishock. I don't think I will encourage up grading to W10 until I know more about it. I like my W7 a lot. I'm glad you got W7 covered. I'm sure we will be forced to up grade some day. I believe I have W7 covered also. I guess we will just have to see what W10 is all about and if people except it. I think I'll let others get the bugs out. I'm sure there will be some. There always is!!

I agree with donetao on that point, worth holding back on Windows 10 (at least on your main PC) to see how people get on with the OS!

Seti, if you get a Windows 7 bootable USB drive and remove the "ei.cfg" file, it'll give you a list of options to install anything from Windows 7 starter all the way up to Ultimate. Just select the one you have your key for. Technically all the Windows DVDs are identical, that cfg file provides the configuration. You can also alter your Windows 7 using this file to either an OEM or retail installer!

Well at Helifreak.com - Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect, where I get my RC fix, My motto is,
"Let some one else be the Guiney pig."

Trust me, I'm not ready to get an upgrade to a new OS thrust on me yet.

Same here. I may toss the final product in a VM to kick the tires but I am in no hurry to take that particular leap. Plus M$ has not explained how free their "free" really is and I have no desire to be held captive by the short hairs.

Hi Here's a screen shot of my C drive (Now) and a image of my C drive (E). I created the image with Macrium Reflect, mounted it and gave it a drive letter. I can copy and paste from the E drive to my C drive. I can also drag and drop! You can see the possibilities that this has.
This is just another tool that I have for disasters that might come up. I'm very well prepared and I hope you are also.
Are you prepared?? If you're not, then get prepared today!!
I would never have a PC without Macrium Reflect free installed on it!!:whistling:
Here's a PDF how to mount a Macrium Image. You see how handy the PSR feature can be. I don't have to explain how to do this. I show you how to do this. Old dogs and new tricks??:whistling:
Trust me mates. I do know my W7 very well and a few other helpful tricks that I still remember.

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot00005.pdf
    902.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Damn, that's pretty good. That's similar to the RAID system but all on one drive?

Back
Top Bottom