Will my Computer run Arma 3 Please.

lol! That sounds somewhat familiar, females seem to have mastered that look.

A better card will improve the experience, but with that CPU it'll never be brilliant, it should be relatively smooth but not at high settings.
A GTX750 is actually significantly better than a GT740, and you're probably only looking at spending an extra $20 more. From the sounds of it (I hope) you're not playing at 1080p, probably 720p? (1366x768 or thereabouts), in which case a GTX750 (or GTX750Ti) would do the job nicely.

Your power supply will need to be able to supply the amount of power required, but as far as I know, the GTX750 doesn't really take up more power than the 8400GS you currently have, so it should be an easy swap-in, swap-out procedure. You won't need any extra cables from the power supply, the slot will power the card itself.

For those of you who are wondering why I'm not recommending any Radeon cards, it's because they consume a lot more power, and would result in a larger expense to upgrade an already aged system.

Some modern games actually require a quad core, so you won't be able to play those, but for ARMA III the current setup (with a GTX750) will probably suffice.

A GTX750 will put you back about $65 (including mail-in rebate) - MSI N750-1GD5/OC G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Newegg.com

A better card will improve the experience, but with that CPU it'll never be brilliant, it should be relatively smooth but not at high settings.
A GTX750 is actually significantly better than a GT740, and you're probably only looking at spending an extra $20 more. From the sounds of it (I hope) you're not playing at 1080p, probably 720p? (1366x768 or thereabouts), in which case a GTX750 (or GTX750Ti) would do the job nicely.

Your power supply will need to be able to supply the amount of power required, but as far as I know, the GTX750 doesn't really take up more power than the 8400GS you currently have, so it should be an easy swap-in, swap-out procedure. You won't need any extra cables from the power supply, the slot will power the card itself.

For those of you who are wondering why I'm not recommending any Radeon cards, it's because they consume a lot more power, and would result in a larger expense to upgrade an already aged system.

Some modern games actually require a quad core, so you won't be able to play those, but for ARMA III the current setup (with a GTX750) will probably suffice.

A GTX750 will put you back about $65 (including mail-in rebate) - MSI N750-1GD5/OC G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Newegg.com
thanks man for all your time.. i sure appreciate it..i have recently baught a game called Stranded Deep and it lagged bad when i got it running . i was sorry that i baught it. Could you tell me if i could play it with out it lagging for some reason..

hey brother I just wanted to let ya know that game I downloaded other day man i figured out bye your help man how to set the graphics where i can play it. It does great with this little card i got in her...Stranded Deep is the game. It plays fine .. thanks bro for all your help.

Hey brother i hate to bug you again man but my daughter is wanting to play a game called Ark Survival.. Could you tell me if my requirements may play it on low graphic settings before i get it for her thank you man. Also my computer is running this game called Stranded Deep real Nice brother...:cool:

Stranded Deep recommends a card than is GTX600 series or later with 2GB of memory, a GTX750 with 2GB memory (or GTX750Ti) would fit perfectly.

Ark Survival has even lower recommended settings, but it suggests a DirectX 10 (minimum) video card with 1GB memory. Again, a GTX750 would fit happily into this category.

A lot of games now really want at least 4GB RAM, but with the age of your current setup it's probably not even worth upgrading the RAM. Your system uses DDR2 RAM whereas new systems use DDR3/DDR4 which are not compatible, so if you purchased RAM for your old PC you would not be able to re-use it in a newer one. A graphics card is transferable though so it's a good upgrade.

At some point in the future if you want to carry on playing up to date games you'll need to upgrade the system, but a new graphics card (like a GTX750Ti) would not be a waste of money at this point, as if you built a new PC you could transfer it over as well!

Stranded Deep recommends a card than is GTX600 series or later with 2GB of memory, a GTX750 with 2GB memory (or GTX750Ti) would fit perfectly.

Ark Survival has even lower recommended settings, but it suggests a DirectX 10 (minimum) video card with 1GB memory. Again, a GTX750 would fit happily into this category.

A lot of games now really want at least 4GB RAM, but with the age of your current setup it's probably not even worth upgrading the RAM. Your system uses DDR2 RAM whereas new systems use DDR3/DDR4 which are not compatible, so if you purchased RAM for your old PC you would not be able to re-use it in a newer one. A graphics card is transferable though so it's a good upgrade.

At some point in the future if you want to carry on playing up to date games you'll need to upgrade the system, but a new graphics card (like a GTX750Ti) would not be a waste of money at this point, as if you built a new PC you could transfer it over as well!

thank you my friend..

hey brother i downloaded it for a try and it is saying while its loading Creating item manager and all kinds of stuff like that, loading menus but when it loads , it want let me join a server and also my malware bytes program keeps coming up like its blocking something.. Do you have any idea what problem i may be having thank you brother for ur time and alll..

Sounds like the firewall is blocking the game. This is perfectly normal as by default, Windows assumes something dodgy is happening across the network... look at the prompt and ensure that the .exe file that it's referencing is somewhat related to the name of the game, and it should be okay to allow it.

Sounds like the firewall is blocking the game. This is perfectly normal as by default, Windows assumes something dodgy is happening across the network... look at the prompt and ensure that the .exe file that it's referencing is somewhat related to the name of the game, and it should be okay to allow it.
Hey brother Joe, It still want load it up. It gets to where it says menu and it goes back to my desktop.. Any ideas buddy?

Back
Top Bottom