My collection

I don't think they're there anymore.
Dang it! I did watch the one video. I took several lessons and learned a ton of weird cords. I just never got the lead part down. I tried what they call penitonics. Never got the hang of them either. The school where I was taking lessons decided to form a band. There wasn't any base players and I was the worst lead guitar player, so I decided to learn the base. It was very easy to learn because I already new the basics. I guess I was a natural on the Base. I probably played in 5 different bands.
My last band was called The Country Nomads. We played the old country. My wife learned to play cords on the Madelin. We had a steel guitar player. A Fiddle player. Two rhythm players. I played base. We all sang and had a lot of three part harmony. We had a ball. Seldom got paid. Wife still has her Madelin. I'm sure it's worth a few dollars. It's a Aldarez model A100. She doesn't play any more either. Thanks for bringing up some precious memories guys.
It would be great if we could all get together and have a jam secession ;)
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=23792.0.

Pentatonic scales are 5 notes pulled from a scale of 7 notes in a given key. They are created by stacking the 5ths (or dropping the half tones). They're just notes that are harmonious to the key but they're not the only notes to play. Notes outside the scales are what gives colors to the passages.

Forget the music theory and use your ear. :)

Which video did you watch? I still have my copies.

[Amended]

That was not my link. I tried to post one for you but this forum is not accepting videos.

Last edited:
It's one of the songs I made up from the Blue Oyster Cult songs, Astronomy and Burning For You. :)

I tried to play with my ear, but It didn't work out ,and I went back to using my fingers. LOL! The base suits me. I just have to listen for the cord changes and keep the drummer in line;which can be hard to do some times.

Back
Top Bottom