Will my Computer run Arma 3 Please.

mitchell311984

Solid State Member
Can someone let me know if my computer will run Arma 3 like the way it is setup . thanks Mitchell. And if not what can i do to try and get it to run it thanks.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 34 °C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
3.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 07N90W (CPU 1) 38 °C
Graphics
DELL 1703FP (1280x1024@60Hz)
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS (EVGA) 40 °C
Storage
465GB SAMSUNG HD502HJ ATA Device (SATA) 33 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653G ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Hello setishock, sorry man i am a newbie , i have already looked at that but i dont understand it. I was seeing if someone on here could help me see if it would before i got the game.. Thanks Much Man..

All you do is compare your system specs with the specs at that link. If they are the same or better you can run the game on your computer. That's the minimum specs. The other specs are what they would like you to have but they are not required.

Hi Mitchell,

Unfortunately ARMA III is graphically very intensive. The 8400GS was really a budget graphics card when it was released in 2007. The minimum requirements state that ARMA III needs an 8800GT, an 8400GS comes nowhere near this mark.

In order to meet the minimum requirements using a more modern graphics card, you'd want a Geforce GT740 at the minimum for a decent playing experience (you wouldn't be able to set the graphics particularly high though). The Core 2 Duo chip you currently have would probably just about manage to run the game. The combination of the Cure 2 Duo chip you currently have and a GT740 would work, but the playing experience would be greatly limited compared to a more modern build.

In order to meet the recommended system requirements using the latest technology, I would recommend building a new PC, and fitting it with the following:
Intel Core i3 4170 (preferably an i5 4440 or better though for modern games)
Nvidia GTX750Ti as a minimum
4GB RAM (8GB would give you headroom for some other modern games)

Hi Mitchell,

Unfortunately ARMA III is graphically very intensive. The 8400GS was really a budget graphics card when it was released in 2007. The minimum requirements state that ARMA III needs an 8800GT, an 8400GS comes nowhere near this mark.

In order to meet the minimum requirements using a more modern graphics card, you'd want a Geforce GT740 at the minimum for a decent playing experience (you wouldn't be able to set the graphics particularly high though). The Core 2 Duo chip you currently have would probably just about manage to run the game. The combination of the Cure 2 Duo chip you currently have and a GT740 would work, but the playing experience would be greatly limited compared to a more modern build.

In order to meet the recommended system requirements using the latest technology, I would recommend building a new PC, and fitting it with the following:
Intel Core i3 4170 (preferably an i5 4440 or better though for modern games)
Nvidia GTX750Ti as a minimum
4GB RAM (8GB would give you headroom for some other modern games)

Joe thank you brother for your time , i have nbo clue about computers but it sounds like i need a new one dont i . you say it could work but the graphics want look to good maybe? thanks man i will be waiting for a reply from you thank you again.

No problem at all.

Absolutely, I think it would work provided you at least upgrade the graphics card to something around the Geforce GT740 level, however, it wouldn't be running at it's best then. In order to get the intended gaming experience for ARMA III you really do want a new PC.

Hope this helps.

No problem at all.

Absolutely, I think it would work provided you at least upgrade the graphics card to something around the Geforce GT740 level, however, it wouldn't be running at it's best then. In order to get the intended gaming experience for ARMA III you really do want a new PC.

Hope this helps.

Thank you my friend.. yeah i believe i will go that route try and build one.. thank you much man, oh yeah, do you know what money i am looking at in building a good one.. maybe 800.bucks or closer to a 1000;.00..?

Somewhere between $800-1000 wouldn't be a bad pricepoint to aim for, I'm not entirely sure on the US pricing as I live in the UK, but I think the stuff in the US works out a little better value than here. Might be worth making a new thread on the forum to ask for advice if you're after a new build, that way everyone can chip in with parts they've found which are good value etc! :)

Somewhere between $800-1000 wouldn't be a bad pricepoint to aim for, I'm not entirely sure on the US pricing as I live in the UK, but I think the stuff in the US works out a little better value than here. Might be worth making a new thread on the forum to ask for advice if you're after a new build, that way everyone can chip in with parts they've found which are good value etc! :)

thanks man, i told the wife and she gave me a goto you know where LOOK8 lol i may have to just keep this one and maybe upgrade some how...so you tellin me this one would work with a better card but the graphics want run to good , or will i LAG alot in game?

Back
Top Bottom