Video editing

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Can anyone recommend some inexpensive video editing software that I would be able to purchase a user manual for use with it.

I prefer to have a book at my side rather than have to find help via the pc.

Many thanks.

Please describe your hardware in detail. To a certain degree, this will define which software is best suited for your platform.

Many options are free and online manuals will print in chaptered formats. While there are some advantages to purchasing retail software, access to a printed manual is not a valid consideration.

I still use Pinnacle software from time to time, but only for a single function that I do not otherwise know how to do. The software was bundled with a video breakout box. As I recall, I purchased an additional user guide from Pinnacle.

Hi Antman, I have just walked away from Breakfast News on the TV and they were interviewing Michael Douglas talking about AntMan, how weird is that eh!

Anyway, going back to my requirements, i do like to have a book to hand as I find it much easier to get to grips with things. I am a grey haired old codger of 75 who wiches he had got to grips with computers earlier in life. There are a lot of things that I can do but equally, there are many that I can't.

My PC is a Dell Studio XPS 7100 AMD Phenom II XD processor 1035t 2.6GHz
6144MB Memory (2 x 2GB) (2 x 1 GB) 1333MHZ

Is that enough info for you?

Thank you for offering to help. Much appreciated.

~$60 Pinnacle Studio

I would take my time shopping. It is common to sell this software bundled with hardware, usually a video capture card. My first copy was $0.00.

The pdf user guide is easy to find.

You do not need the Plus or Plus Plus Mega Hyper version. Of this or any other software.

Opinions vary. See:
The Best Video Editing Software of 2015 | Top Ten Reviews

I do not like anything about Wondershare - neither software nor business model. I would not tap that. You will get email VD.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

And Michael Douglas cannot spell.

Lightworks is an open source video editing software (Lightworks: The professional editor for everyone) I'm not sure that there are any hardcopies available for the manual but it is offered in PDF format and is extensive.

I found lightworks to have a rather steep learning curve. I switched over to Sony Vegas and had better luck with it, but it's pricey. Printed copies of the manual are available.

Back
Top Bottom