Malware threats on peer 2 peer

I get this strange feeling you did some thing naughty on your computer then and now you're afraid it's going to come back to bite you on your ass. There would be no other reason to be so obsessed with some thing that may or may not have happened 6 or 7 years ago.
BTW the US statue of limitations is 7 years. Except for murder.

No haha just interested how malware can do things like that. It interests me.
Because answering this question is just riding on the lines of the rules, I can and will only give you a basic answer. I hope that you understand.
For software to remember settings, it must write them to file. No matter how that is done, if the program can change its own settings, the file must be able to be modified. That means that if the setting information is not well protected enough, other software could be designed to modify said file as well.

The better explanation would be an example, but that would be crossing the line on the rules.

Because answering this question is just riding on the lines of the rules, I can and will only give you a basic answer. I hope that you understand.
For software to remember settings, it must write them to file. No matter how that is done, if the program can change its own settings, the file must be able to be modified. That means that if the setting information is not well protected enough, other software could be designed to modify said file as well.

The better explanation would be an example, but that would be crossing the line on the rules.

You're being very patient, I'm impressed. :D

You're being very patient, I'm impressed. :D
Thank you. :)
I am used to having to explain things several different ways for people to understand. Lets just say I know a lot of people that used to know next to nothing about the systems they where using. I love helping people.

Back
Top Bottom