Windows Tools you use!!

donetao

Banned
Hi! I'm brand new here. I have been looking around to see where I can contribute to the forum. I read some of replies about getting the forum more active. That's a tough subject. It's hard to find some thing that generates a lot of response. I have created threads that some times get responses and some times they just go no where.
There are a lot of windows tools that the average PC users are not aware of.
I feel like I'm better than average with W7 knowledge.I work on PC's and printers for a hobby in a retirement center for free.
Here's a W7 tool that I like to use. What is a windows tool you use?

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture49.jpg
    Capture49.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 7
I tend to use a lot of third party tools, for example, instead of the default disk defragmenter in Windows, I'll actually use a program called "Defraggler." Probably a placebo effect, but it always seems to do the job a bit more quickly!

A few of you might have also heard of a website called "ninite," you can select programs you want to install using checkboxes, and it will queue up the installations for you and install one after the other!

A handful of the things I use at the moment day-to-day.

General Utility/Performance boosting/Troubleshooting:

7-Zip
BlueScreenView
CCleaner
Afterburner | MSI Gaming Series
Malwarebytes
DriverMax
CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
PERFMONITOR-2 | Softwares | CPUID
TOR Browser/The TOR Project
MemTest86

Stress Testing/Benchmarking:

Prime95 (CPU/Memory Stress)
Valley Benchmark (GPU Benchmark/Stress)
Cinebench (Multi-threading CPU Benchmark)
3DMark FutureMark (GPU Bench)

Ninite was already mentioned, but it's such a handy thing to use after a fresh install of Windows.

Last edited:
Hi! Darkseeker! All good tools. I use Who Crashed. I use to use Tor!
I was referring to windows tools, but those are all good tools.
Anyone use the Reliability Monitor in Windows to watch how your PC is performing!!
My PC is looking good at the moment!!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You get the feeling we don't put much stock in the built in goodies windows offers? There's better software out there to measure and evaluate the performance of your computer.

I like CCleaner, Malwarebytes and some other little apps to help me. We have no help for old people where I live. Not like you helping the old folk at Enid Dokie.

CCleaner
MBAM
Revo Uninstaller
WinZip
ImgBurn
AnVir Task Manager

As far as actual Windows tools that are a part of Windows:
Event Viewer
MSCONFIG (best way to boot into safe mode known to man)
SERVICES.MSC
Disk Management

Back
Top Bottom