Did god move on?

The main reason i don't believe in god is that i don't have religious parents.
The majority of people who believe in god is those who have been exposed to it as kids. Kids are easy to influence.

A few people without religions parents become religious later on in life, for various reasons. The reason that didn't happen to me is simply how flawed the hole book is.
It's packed with errors that does against science.
There are many versions of the same book. If god is all knowing and all powerful, this confusion would not have happened.
And the last reason is... drumroll please... There are about 4,200 religions world wide. Some way bigger than others, but the minor religions followers are just as convinced in their believes as the Christians are.

If god really loves me, i would arrive in heaven no matter what i believe. If not... then he is an asshole. This impossible test is kinda like winning the lottery. Pick a religion and good luck.

I'm not particularly religious myself, but there are aspects I believe, or I'd like to believe. And in the majority of cases the holy books are telling you to live good lives.

Holy books don't tell you to kill each other, look at the ten commandments, they're comparable to many rules and laws we have today. Those people who commit terrorist acts (for example, in Tunisia) in the name of God quote holy books out of context and have lost the point of religion.

Religion is a great way of explaining things that otherwise can't be explained, if you don't understand something then it's easy to put it down to a "divine entity." For example, death. We cannot possibly comprehend dying and feeling nothing, what happens when you die? You are no longer conscious of your own existence but the world still goes on. A very confusing concept... religion gives hope to people when they're scared of death and emptiness.
I wish in a way that I was a religious fanatic and fully believed in heaven, life after death etc, as this would give me real comfort when friends and family pass away, knowing that they'd gone to a better place. However, as it stands, I only 'hope' they've gone to a better place.

Another theory is that life goes on, you're born again, or "reincarnated." This is another way of explaining life after death. Nobody knows for sure what happens, as again, as mentioned before, we cannot comprehend "nothing." When we fall asleep, unless we dream, the night feels instant, we fall asleep at 11 and wake up at 8, with no conscious feeling that 9 hours have passed. Imagine that, but never waking up, you can never be aware that you were seeing or feeling nothing.

Quite a scary concept, which is the reason that when I die, I hope it's with no previous symptoms, and it's in my sleep (at a decent age of course), because to be aware of dying is surely more traumatic than actually passing away.

Holy books don't tell you to kill each other
Unfortunately you are "dead" wrong... see what i did there... anyway. There are MANY chapters in the bible about killing people. Murder in the Bible

I understand the rest you are saying. It gives comfort to people who are scared of the unknown. And if they want to believe it. Sure, go ahead. But i still think that religion in general is a bad thing for a modern functional society.

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear there.

Hence my comment about the New Testament. Not one of those quotes comes from the New Testament.

From my experience, all "regular" people who are religious (ie, non-radicals) are very pleasant and don't go round murdering people in the name of their God.

Last edited:
I sure hope not. But that doesn't change what's in the bible.

They are from the old testament alright. But why aren't they valid?
Seems to me religious people really like to pick and choose what they like about the bible, and forget the rest.

... Religion is a great way of explaining things that otherwise can't be explained, if you don't understand something then it's easy to put it down to a "divine entity." ...
Exactly. Religion got it's start by some clever individual "explaining" unknown things by attributing them to a god. That person became some kind of spiritual leader for the tribe or village.

IMO, we don't need some mythical being to explain things anymore. It's not a difficult concept to understand that when we die we cease to exist, period. Many people don't want that to happen so they continue to cling to the concept of god and heaven.

Many people also need to be convinced that someone is watching their every move in order to conduct themselves in an orderly manner. I believe in doing the right thing simply because it's the right thing to do and don't need to feel someone is watching me and will reward me with everlasting life if I am a "good boy" or damn me to everlasting hell if I'm not.

IMO, we don't need some mythical being to explain things anymore. It's not a difficult concept to understand that when we die we cease to exist, period. Many people don't want that to happen so they continue to cling to the concept of god and heaven.

There are some things will still do not know how to explain.

More proof that the Bible is full of baloney. One race is no more important than another race and yet the Bible promote racism. All the races on this planet are of this planet and none came here on a spaceship. We're all Earthlings.

We were becoming an advanced civilization not long ago and realized that nothing is magic so we question this stuff. Believing in stuff created centuries ago are becoming a farce. They don't know any better then.

This is just 1 example.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.
(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

And if quotes from the old testement isn't good enough for you. Here is one from the new testement.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything, not only while being watched and in order to please them, but wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord. Whatever your task, put yourselves into it, as done for the Lord and not for your masters, since you know that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward; you serve the Lord Christ. For the wrongdoer will be paid back for whatever wrong has been done, and there is no partiality.
Colossians 3:22-25 (NRSV)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom